OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

MO Bottomland differences

Started by TTG, April 06, 2019, 03:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTG

Have y'all noticed that some MO Bottomland has a greenish tint to it while some is very brown? I noticed it one time a couple months ago and now I can't not pay attention to the shade of it.

KYFrid

I've noticed it with the Mossy Oak cotton mill shirt and pants i bought a few years back. My Ol tom and Under Armour clothes don't seem to have that greenish tint.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ShootingABN!

Are you asking about clothing or gun dipping? I really haven't paid any attention to clothing. However I have noticed some guns that have been dipped looked a lot lighter.

TTG

More so for clothing. I've got a Banded jacket in bottomland that has an obvious green tint to it while I've got other pieces that are brown. I just think its a pretty obvious difference so was curious if there was a reason to it.

bossgobbler

I'm guessing that one of the Bottomland patterns is the Original Bottomland and the other is the newer version of Bottomland.

taylorjones20

I think it's the difference in the material of the clothing. 
Alive only by the Grace Of God

kjnengr

Quote from: taylorjones20 on April 08, 2019, 11:05:34 AM
I think it's the difference in the material of the clothing.

Yep.

Different material takes dyes and patterns differently.  Also different dye lots and runs also have an effect. 

Gobble!

soILstrutter

I definitely see it being a difference of materials. I remember the newer version of treestand looking green when it was on any type of Under Armour.

I like to stick to the vintage section of the Mossy oak collection, which they have on their Mossy Oak Store website. I personally just like the look better than the new Bottomland remake.  Vintage Treestand and Greenleaf are hard to beat. They also compliment all of my Dad's old camo that I love to wear for nostalgic reasons.

LaLongbeard

Probably a different Chinese sweat shop making the two different items lol. What I hate most about the new stuff it's usally white on the underside. The old school USA made MO was a dark green underside. If the shirts not buttoned all the way or the sleeves are rolled up your flashing white thru the woods. I'm sure the folks in China never thought about that being a problem.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

TTG

Haha I totally agree with the white undersides. I love the mesh facemask that I have as it stays pretty cool and isn't tight on your face, but it curls up on the bottom and you can see the white. I also bought a 1/4 zip pullover in treestand that you basically have to keep zipped all the way up or you flash the white inside of it. Kind of stupid if you ask me

soILstrutter

Quote from: TTG on April 09, 2019, 09:06:04 PM
Haha I totally agree with the white undersides. I love the mesh facemask that I have as it stays pretty cool and isn't tight on your face, but it curls up on the bottom and you can see the white. I also bought a 1/4 zip pullover in treestand that you basically have to keep zipped all the way up or you flash the white inside of it. Kind of stupid if you ask me

Hahaha. I have the same quarter zip and have noticed the same thing.  Sure does look bad@$$ though!!!!