turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

All Day Hunting

Started by vaturkey, May 01, 2011, 01:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

Starting tomorrow , here in Va. you can hunt all day. The first 3 weeks you had to be out by 12 noon , the last 2 , all day. How do you folks like all day hunting in your state ?      :newmascot:
Vaturkey

neal

Love love love it!!! I have fired up so many gobblers in the afternoon all the way till about 1/2 hour before fly up hens have gone to nest and the boys are lonely and looking.

Good luck!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

fallhnt

I agree.Out west is a blast.Same for fall here.We can hunt all day.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

anthonyjhallen

Its the same here in Maryland.  Starting tomorrow we get to hunt all day. 

It should be good for the hunters.  These birds are not used to being hunt in the afternoon, and thats my favorite time. 

gobbler777

May 10 through May 23 for all day hunting in MARYLAND
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

strutnva

looking forward here too in VA

SinGin

You all are lucky, Missouri hasn't yet caught on. We have to quit at 1:00

WyoHunter

I don't know what it's like to not hunt all day! All the states I hunt allow all day hunting. I've shot a good many birds  in the afternoon and a couple before sundown. Some of the areas I hunt because of how far I walkin I'd have to start back out before I did much hunting.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Hognutz

Why wouldn't anybody like the all day hunt? It is a great thing to hunt in the afternoon.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Ky strutt n bust n

in kentucky we can hunt all day every day. its awesome! i love it because it just gives you that edge to finding a gobbler that could be lonesome later on in the afternoon. never hurts to be in the woods all day. never know when that gobbler of a lifetime may be right around the corner after lunchtime!

Spring_Woods

Ohio started allowing all day hunting the final two weeks of the season last year. Idk, I'm just lost hunting in the afternoons. I dont know really how to approach it. Plus, I like to take a nap!
"Was that a gobble?":gobble: