OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 930 LB 6s CHOKE???

Started by MountainPursuit, April 04, 2019, 07:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainPursuit

I'll be picking up my 930 and patterning it this weekend. Kicked the Stoeger to the curb. I found out Italian shotguns just do not feel the same as what I grew up shooting. Anyone have any good recommendations for a choke tube. I'll be shooting LB 6s 1 3/4 oz. From what (very little) I've seen, the factory X factor turkey choke actually performs quite nice in this gun. I was looking into a Carlon's Long Beard choke, but I couldn't find any pics of that specific choke on the site. I'm open eyes and ears!

roverboy

Carlsons are really good chokes. Whatever I got I'd get something along the lines of a .660-.665 constriction. I used to shoot a Hastings .640. It was a little to tight really. I killed severall birds with it though.
Listen for the gobble

MountainPursuit

Yeah, that's about the range I was looking at. I'd really like to see some pics of that setup with a gobbling thunder or carlson choke before I get one. I'm sure I wouldn't be dissatisfied with either though

tha bugman

I have the same gun and the Indian Creek shot the LB #6's pretty good.  I think I have a pattern pic on here somewhere.

dg7mm08

Indian Creek .660 worked best in mine a few years back . Pictures are posted from 2016 somewhere on here.

ShootingABN!

I just got the 930 this year. Factory choke .670 did fine with XR #5.
I got an Indian Creek .660 and that's even better. I did shoot some custom Nitro Heavyshot. the pattern was low and left with the IC .660. I've never seen a POI change that bad with changing choke and shell combo. XR was on the money. The Nitro I was shooting called for a different shell and choke combo.... Just found it odd that it changed so much. If it stops raining I might try the factory choke.

If you have a brand new gun. Take the barrel off and look at it. Mine was ruff and had machine marks in it. I did a polish job on mine.

Also if you are looking for a custom choke... Call William at Sumtoy.

Keep us updated.

JodyPenny

I have a .660 from William at Sumtoy and a Indian creek. The Indian creek shot low. The Sumtoy is on the money and throws beautiful patterns. Here's a pattern with Federal Heavyweight #7 with the Sumtoy choke at 40 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JodyPenny

Here's a pattern with the Sumtoy and Winchester Super X #5 at 40 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk