OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Close but fell short......

Started by chatterbox, May 01, 2011, 12:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Called in 3 nice longbeards this morning for the 2 youth hunters I took out. I took out Harrison and a buddy and his little girl
Unfortunately, there was a hen with one of toms and he just stood out there and strutted, and the other two didn't like the looks of something and buggered out. They all hung up at about 60 yards, and would'nt budge. They circled around but would not commit, no matter what I threw at them.
It was still an exciting hunt, and the kiddos had a blast, and neither one can wait to get after those longbeards again!

scoot12

Mike,  You get em soon,  stay after em.  Scoot

vaturkey

Chatterbox

Still sounds like a great day in the turkey woods ! Good luck on your next outing !     :newmascot:
Vaturkey

TalksToTurkeys

The kids had fun, you had fun, Sounds like a great hunt.  :anim_25:

chatterbox

Quote from: TalksToTurkeys on May 01, 2011, 03:23:17 PM
It was the most fun I had in a long time, Steve! To see those two so excited made me realize just how fun this is!

bad0351

Really great to spend time with kids in the turkey woods......Some of my best times are with them.... :turkey2:
Sometimes...all a man has left is his dog.....

Hognutz

It's a great day when you get to hunt with your kids. The killing will happen, Everybody won on that hunt, including the turkeys. Your time will come, Mike. As will Harrison's. Good luck to you guys..MIke :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Reloader

Quote from: chatterbox on May 01, 2011, 04:30:51 PM
Quote from: TalksToTurkeys on May 01, 2011, 03:23:17 PM
It was the most fun I had in a long time, Steve! To see those two so excited made me realize just how fun this is!

It is a blast.  I have to make sure I'm not leaning against the kid if we're on the same tree because I worry that my intense shaking will shake them up even worse. I love it!

Basser69

Kids, Thats what its all about right there. Congrats on a great hunt