turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey hunters , a special breed

Started by Spitten and drummen, April 02, 2019, 10:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

I just wanted to post this to say that most turkey hunters praise god and thank god after each hunt. I pray every morning before the sun comes up and thank god that im able to do it. I also praise him when I kill a bird before I ever put my hands on it. Now im not the best example of a Christain by far, but it seems that turkey hunting for some reason makes me a better person in my everyday life. It just seems no matter our strong individual opinions on this sport and sometimes heated discussions that for the most part we all have strong morals and I love the amount of guys here that give praise while telling their stories. It was just on my mind , so I started this post. God bless and good luck to everyone this season.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

HookedonHooks

I agree Jody! God bless.

I think it has something to with being able to see the woods come to life the way do in the spring, and the greening of the woods throughout the course of a season that helps us turkey hunters appreciate God's creation. Even if you're not much a religious man, it seems obvious to most that there has to be some sort of greater being that has put all the pieces together for us.

a_jabbo

Well said and god bless this turkey season.

dejake

LaLongbeard

Agreed. First thing I do is thank God every time I kill one.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Boykin Hollow

same here with me,  I start the drive with a prayer for a good hunt and a safe hunt.