turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Afternoon Gobbler

Started by SwampRooster17, April 02, 2019, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRooster17

Set up Sunday a little after noon. First series of yelps one gobbles 250 yards down and across the creek. A couple minutes later he gobbles again which was followed by a gobble directly across the creek on the next ridge from me! They gobble back and forth for a while then the next time they gobble they are on the same ridge top. They gobbled back to back a hand full of times then I hear wing beats. Made a move to try to get on the same ridge. Found a ditch that led from the creek up the side of the ridge. Once on the side of the ridge called to them with no answer. A little while later I hear something walking over the ridge. I yelp softly on a diaphragm and 2 toms come into view. As soon as the first bird presented a shot I took it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzy61

Congrats. That's a fine one!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

eggshell

congrats, nice hunt story

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

zelmo1

Beautiful bird brother, congrats

chadly

bbcoach

CONGRATS!  A beautiful bird.  Goes back to, if you can get them to gobble in the afternoon, there's a really good chance you will kill him.

3bailey3

congrats awesome hunt, what is the box?

SwampRooster17

Irving Whitt walnut over butternut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randy6471

Sir-diealot

Congratulations. The head on that has great color to it. The rest looks pretty good too lol
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RutnNStrutn

Beautiful bird!! Congrats!! :icon_thumright:

j.goebel

Congrats on a beautiful bird.
Justin Goebel

Clydetaylor1

Crghss

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...