turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Please get yourself a...

Started by Rzrbac, April 02, 2019, 01:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rzrbac

I would like to urge those who are perhaps a little bored with the ease of turkey calls.  I have been calling in and killing gobblers for 30 years with mouthcalls.  I don't want to come across as cocky, I learned to use them because I was poor and it was all I could afford. 

Today I received a trumpet from Mr. Brian Mero and it has renewed my interest in calling turkeys. Out of the box I'm just good enough to produce a string or two of good yelps. It's challenging but I believe this call will bring in gobblers once I fully grasp its potential. 

I have read a lot about trumpets and seen a lot of members zeal for such a call. It made me kick around the idea for a few years and I finally pulled the trigger on what I think will be an integral piece of my arsenal. 

I have less than two weeks to get proficient on this call before MO's opener. It's gonna be a challenge but I believe it's doable. I'm reminded of when I was a kid using my first mouth call and listening to a copied cassette of Ben Lee.

Thank you to all the members of Spur Collectors and Mr. Brian Mero. I won't go into details of what I've had going on personally but receiving this call and the challenge of learning to run it has been a welcome break from personal issues. Thanks to all, hope to do you guys right come opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coyote1

That's a sweet looking trumpet!  I would say that you have a good chance of being ready to hunt in 2 weeks with daily practice. Half the battle is making the first sound on it and you are already past that hurdle.

Trumpets, wing bones and cane yelpers are deadly calls, some of the most realistic sounding in the woods. Imo. I can almost guarantee you will want a wing bone and cane yelper in the future. Like you said, they are different and bring excitement back into calling.

Good luck with the new call this spring!

Sir-diealot

Trying to learn myself. Thought I was getting better til I recorded myself a little over a week ago, I need to keep practicing.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

shoer2

Brian is also a nice guy and his trumpets run really great.good luck with it.