turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Zero hour !! UPDATE WITH PICS>

Started by hookedspur, May 01, 2011, 06:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookedspur

Pulling out for Kansas in a few minuets , not much sleep last night . I hope to send some pictures in about Tuesday  :toothy12:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

anthonyjhallen

redarrow

Be safe ,shoot straight. Remember the three esses.
Spiritual
Safe
Successful. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: redarrow on May 01, 2011, 12:32:05 PM
Be safe ,shoot straight. Remember the three esses.
Spiritual
Safe
Successful. :cross2: :cross2: :cross2:

Nice.

BOFF

Quote from: hookedspur on May 01, 2011, 06:40:54 AM
Pulling out for Kansas in a few minuets , not much sleep last night . I hope to send some pictures in about Tuesday  :toothy12:

WOOHOOO!!!   :happy0064:

I can't wait. Well I guess I can, but I'll be checking in for pics!!!

God Bless,
David B.

Woodsman4God

Good luck, drive safe

hookedspur

I had a fantastic hunt . We got there the eve. before we were to hunt and I watched a wheat field till almost dark ,it was full of birds. I went back in next morning an hour before daylight put out a Jake and a hen deke and then waited ,but not long ,When i left the house we were staying in that morning it was 31 degree's and clear,you could see every star a 30 min drive and the clouds moved in fast.When I sat down, back to a Cottonwood tree, a clap of thunder and a few sprinkles started THE MOST GOBBLEING I have ever heard and this went on for over an hour. At 638 a sing hen flew down in the field and looked back at my dekes I made 1 series of quiet yelps on a Cocobolo Copper I bought from Gobblerstopper ,she turned to me and clucked real loud and it started raining turkeys and it lasted for 3min , I never saw anything like it !!! Now it was raining rain for real a downpour , a coyote entered the field and headed right for the birds I shot the bigger one at 61 yards I didn't know it was that far when I shot but he hit the ground and didn't flop .A bird that had been strutting with the first bird turned and ran straight st me I shot him at 20 on the run ,turned out to be a jake with a full fan. I was using a SBE2 12 with h15 7s and it broke a wing and leg bone on the first bird at that distance.My buddy took the first picture handed me the phone and i turned and took the second one. My Kansas hunt was one I will never forget and ended one 642 on the first morning.

[attachment deleted by admin]
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions