turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which Jebs choke is recommended? TSS

Started by Hunt4spurs87, March 30, 2019, 02:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunt4spurs87

Shooting Apex #9s which constriction is recommended I don't want a super hot core, I'd rather have a evenly spread pattern? But I've been told you can try as many chokes as you want through Jebs till you find the one you like best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twyatt

Depends on what you're looking for.  I can't speak for Jebs, but I shot a .555 and a.575  yesterday with Federal TSS 9's, and to me something in between would be perfect.  The .555 was softball size at 20 but killer at 40.  The 575 was much more forgiving at 20, but half as good at 40.
I'm personally going to likely pick up a.565 or .570, I think either would be a happy medium

tree-rat sniper

I believe my headhunter mobile choke is a .565 but I'll have to dig it out to be sure.  Shot HW7's great, longbeards not so much, went back to a Carlson's .575.
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!

Mathews.1

Hunt4spurs87

I went with the .565 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nmsshooter

I've got both 555 and 565 and tried in three guns. All were different but I ended up with the 555 in my 26" 870. For some reason the 555 was hotter core but a more even pattern at 40