turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally sealed the deal

Started by roberthyman14, March 30, 2019, 02:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberthyman14

Been chasing thunder chickens for bout 7-8 years now.  I've flubbed a few hunts, missed a few birds, and called in some for hunting partners.  Last Sunday I finally killed 1.  We got setup early, never heard the first gobble. So we covered ground searching and trying to locate  bird.  Located some fresh tracks and followed them to a creek.  It was about 9:30. We game planned and went to eat breakfast.  We got back to the area, about 10:30.  Buddy yelped 1x and he gobbled, then a crow started up and he started hammering.  Hauled butt down the hill and setup.  Couple more yelps and he hammers again. Knowing about where he is now we jump up and relocate. This time we dropped all our stuff and just piled in some thick brush.  He kept gobbling on his own every few minutes.  Partner pulled his scratch box out and went to work, just purring and scratching leaves.  The bird kept gobbling and coming closer.  30 minutes later I finally see him top the hill.  Few more minutes of him checking the situation the safety came off.  Gobbled a few more times and he started to realize Becky wasn't in the area, he was getting ready to leave so I decided to kill him.  Some how missed the first time, he had no idea what happened and just as quick I got on my knees m, settled the bead and hammered him.  Turned out to be 50 steps. The only 870 with TSS did the job.
Gotta thank my buddy Espo for calling him in. 8" beard 1" spurs and 15.2 lbs. 
#oldcrow #oldcrowin

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Chordeiles

Congratulations. Way to stick with it.
(Scratch boxes are cool.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

oakraidia

Congrats!

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Ozarks Hillbilly

Congrats way to stick with it