News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How to keep from loosing strikers?

Started by Ranger007, March 28, 2019, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger007

Lost 3 strikers so far this year.

What's your trick for not loosing one everyday?

Bowhuntr73

I keep the ones I really use on a lanyard and even then before I get up to move to another spot, I take an inventory of calls , strikers etc.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bowhuntr73 on March 28, 2019, 10:17:29 PM
I keep the ones I really use on a lanyard and even then before I get up to move to another spot, I take an inventory of calls , strikers etc.
This
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Chris O

Captain Hooks on here sells striker lanyards .It won't take you long to pay for it if it saves you a couple strikers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Thx for the tip. Now, how do i keep my strikers from being stolen from my vest by my buds?

1iagobblergetter

I put mine in a striker rollup and know what I have when I start. Im anal about doing a inventory like others said before I move.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Dr Juice on March 29, 2019, 04:54:11 AM
Thx for the tip. Now, how do i keep my strikers from being stolen from my vest by my buds?
Hunt alone or snag your buddies pot calls first so they have no need for your strikers..

va longbeard

Get in touch with Glenda Green on this forum and purchase a striker pouch and its waterproof to protect your strikers if you get caught in the rain. 

Your problem will be solved.

She makes some fine products and the craftsmanship of her products is second to none.

davisd9

Make sure to put them in the pockets before you stand up and make sure the pocket is secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Buckrub

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on March 29, 2019, 06:01:37 AM
I put mine in a striker rollup and know what I have when I start. Im anal about doing a inventory like others said before I move.

X2 !!!!!

vt35mag

THREE already this year!?

If you are just forgetting them beside the tree you were last setup at, maybe adding ginkgo to your daily vitamin regimen will help.  :P

Joking aside, previous suggestions are good ones.  Before I change setups or leave the area I am hunting I take inventory of my gear and secure it before I do anything else.

bbcoach

Striker Rollup as well.  Keeps ALL of your strikers in one place.  When you set down they lay out on the ground in their respective slots.  When you move, just roll them up and put back in a vest or pants pocket and move on.

Harty

all  great suggestions thus far and have helped me(roll up,lanyard etc). Still...in the heat of working a bird and all of a sudden I deem it necessary to move NOW i will forget one and will need retrace my steps to find it.

JLH

All the striker i sell have a policy againt being broken or lost.

Just pay the $50 deductible and ill send you a brand new one!

Ranger007

Thanks guys will try some sort of lanyard or roll up. Running pots exclusively this year for the first time usually mouth call only so picking everything up takes some getting used to.

Lost 2 of the 3 running and gunning in Texas with them stuck in the top of my snake boots. The 3rd may have been left on the ground after a shot.... too fired up to remember to pick everything up