OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Got lucky!  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Turkeykiller12

Got lucky!
« on: March 27, 2019, 01:50:57 PM »
Today was the first morning I have had the opportunity to go hunting this season. I hunted a farm that I knew held a lot of birds. I heard zero gobbling all morning, didn't even hear a hen. I started in the woods listening after a while I started calling lightly. Nothing ever give so around 9am I started working my way slowly to the west pasture on this farm. I could hear some crows in this area and hoped that was a good sign. I got close, called and nothing! I eased up to field edge staying just inside the wood line and I seen two heads looking over a small rise in the field. I froze! One of the two started strutting and slowly feeding to my left. I noticed a lot of hens behind them and they were paying attention to the wood line. I let the gobbler closest to me get to around 30 yards and finished the deal. I don't like killing them like this but that's how it is sometimes. It was strange though not hearing a single gobble this morning. I hope that changes soon. Almost forgot to mention the sunrise this morning was nice also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
Re: Got lucky!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 02:02:13 PM »
Congrats on the first of the year! Hope this is the start of a good streak.

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 02:16:38 PM »
 :icon_thumright:

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 02:16:39 PM »
I like have luck on my side! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 11:56:06 PM »
Congrats, sometimes they just don’t follow the script and a little luck goes a long way.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 05:00:11 AM »
Congrats