OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bird #1 in FL

Started by Panhandle_strutter, March 27, 2019, 10:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panhandle_strutter

A couple days late, but I was able to knock my first one of the season down last week. Gobbling had been fairly slow since start of the season and this particular bird and his buddy only gobbled a handful of times on roost. They finally gobbled on the ground and after yelping with no response I finally cut and got them to shock gobble.

Apparently their hen didn't appreciate me drawing their attention and we had a nasty conversation back and forth. I basically mimicked everything she did from call and cadence and it wasnt long she was on the way with her boyfriends in tow.

She finally got into that "magic bubble" and the gobblers felt comfortable enough to leave her long enough to swoop in and pick me up too. Could have had a 2 for 1 but I couldnt end my season that quick and opted for the strutter and left the other one to play the game with on another day.

Solid 3 year old bird. I had multiple encounters with these 2 the year before so it was sweet redemption to finally throw one over my shoulder on the way back to the truck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FLGobstopper

Congrats on a great hunt and a great bird!

Twowithone

Congrats on the Gobbler
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

tomstopper

Congrats on a nice bird

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

boomer

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Knik

Nice bird! Congratulations

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Wrangler95

Very nice gobbler,congrats!! :z-winnersmiley:
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

RutnNStrutn

Kytomgetter

That's great. Congrats

renegade19

CT Spur Collector

Sounded like a fun hunt.

Clydetaylor1

Good deal !!!  Nice hooks