OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Turkey Vest???

Started by mduncan, March 25, 2019, 11:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mduncan

What's everyone's favorite vest? I'm sure it's been ask a million times but I didn't see it on the first two pages so thought I'd ask.  :)

Kytomgetter

I use the Super Elite NWTF model. It's the older version but has plenty of pockets and fits more like a full vest than the one that just has shoulder straps.

Chordeiles

Ol'Tom essentials vest. It's nice and light for long hikes. The only thing I don't like about it is the magnetic seat attachment. The magnet is a little weak. For high mileage hunts, I just leave the seat cushion in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coyote1

The super elite 4.0 NWTF. Has plenty of pockets for everything you could ever need and I like the full vest.

turkeymanjim

Same here, super elite 4.0 NWTF.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

captpete

My favorite is the original Buck Lick Creek vest. I retired it 8-9 years ago. Since then I have tried several and have finally settled on the 'Tater-3. I like the pot call pocket better than the 'Tater-2 and the way the seat folds up.

tomstopper

Tater 2

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Alps Grand Slam with a kickstand and the TatR seat mod.

eddie234

I have two, the cabelas tactical tatr and an older ol Tom I beam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SCGobbler

Quote from: Gobble! on March 26, 2019, 09:11:16 AM

What is this Tatr seat mod you speak of???
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Fullfan

Don't gobble at me...

LaLongbeard

I prefer the old Liberty USA made vests, hard to find nowadays but good fit and quality, designed by Turkey hunters so there are just enough pockets in the right places.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

kjnengr

Quote from: SCGobbler on March 26, 2019, 10:31:35 AM
Quote from: Gobble! on March 26, 2019, 09:11:16 AM

What is this Tatr seat mod you speak of???

The "speed seat" of the Tactical Tat'r II vest doesn't need to be unbuckled and rebuckled when switching from walking to seating.  Check this video out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5orxA5-jRc

pdaugherty

I've tried many different ones but keep going back to my Dixon vest. It's a little heavy but is made like a tank and has pockets galore.

tha bugman

I like trying different ones and hope to one day say that I have found the perfect one.  I got a Knight and Hale RNG 200 at Wally World for $44 before season and I have been really pleased with it so far.  Very lightweight and good pocket layout.  Not sure on durability as I have already poked a hole in the seat and one of the pot call holders is starting to have thread issues.  The small backpack is nice and and serves as great cushioning, but if you want anything out of it the vest has to be taken off.  Putting anything in the backpack negates any cushioning that you get as I tried putting a small water bottle in it along with snacks.  The water bottle kept moving on me and all my snacks were smashed.  I love the mouth call holder placement and magnet closure, but the diaphragm pockets are a bit hard to get calls out of due to their small size.  The seat is very adjustable/ comfortable and is really nice and secure when walking.  All in all a great minimalist vest.