turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

On the board in Mississippi

Started by jblackburn, March 25, 2019, 07:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

The first week I'd the MS season was tough. a Good hatch last year brought the problem of henned up gobblers. They're gobbling decent on the roost, but I haven't found one gobbling after 8:00. I missed one the first Sunday and was looking hard for redemption. I got on one the second Saturday, but he liked his seven hens much more than me. I spent time scouting his area and decided to build a brush blind and play the afternoon waiting game to see if he'd come back through the bottom back toward the roost. I sat down at 1:45 and not much happened until a hen came through about 4:30. She worked off and another hen came through about 5:30. I watched her for a while as she fed behind me. I was focused on her when I heard the unmistakable pffffftttt vrrrrooom of spitting and drumming! Shifted my eyes back to my right and there he was, blowed up in full strut at 80 yards, fixated on the hen. Of course she starts working closer or me, I had to shift my 870 on him, and she busted me. Luckily she only flew off, I guess he thought she was roosting and only raised his head...at just over 40 yards! Some TSS hand loads from Gooserbat and he never moved! He ended up being 18 lbs 14 oz, pencil thin 10.5 inch beard, and super sharp 1 1/8 spurs. A good bird by any measure, but coming out of the Homochitto Forest made it sweeter!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

tomstopper

nyhunter

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Spitten and drummen

I cut my teeth hunting that forrest. When you can take birds off there , you can killem anywhere in the united states in my opinion. Congrats.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Walkerhuntfish

Congratulations on a real nice bird on tough real estate.

shoer2

bigbird

Cottonmouth

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 25, 2019, 08:20:59 PM
I cut my teeth hunting that forrest. When you can take birds off there , you can killem anywhere in the united states in my opinion. Congrats.
Amen. I MS public land bird shows how much grit you have in you. Congrats.

762hunter

Way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

coyote1

Congratulations! A well earned bird no doubt.

Mathews.1

Gobble!

blake_08