OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

M2000 question

Started by compton30, March 24, 2019, 04:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compton30

My pop recently decided, without my consultation, to go ahead and buy a "Stoeger Extra Full Turkey Choke" for his M2000. Anybody have any experience with this choke? I emailed Stoeger and the info they gave me on the choke was that the constriction is .661 and that it wasn't safe for using TSS or Steel.

We're still over a month out from the season opener in PA so I plan to get that thing to the range to try with some 3" Long Beards to see how it does so that there is still time to order a Sumtoy or IC if it's junk.

Has anybody run this gun/choke combo?

Eddie12

I have a Stoeger M3000 and didn't have much luck out of the factory turkey choke. I would have to look but I don't remember what the restriction is. My POI was way off as well but I think most Stoeger's are. I corrected that issue with a Vortex Venom red dot scope. I read a lot of reviews and ended up going with an Indian Creek choke. It definitely shoots much better than the factory choke. Here is a pic from a couple weeks ago using 3" Winchester Longbeard #6's at 30 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stoeger M3000

compton30

Appreciate the feedback, Eddie. If we can get that pattern out of this rig then I'll be very happy. The biggest concern I have without question is the POA to POI. This is a utility gun for him rather than a dedicated turkey gun so he won't be adding a optic. Hopefully we'll get lucky!

Eddie12

Yeah no problem. Fingers crossed it will shoot straight. I just looked and my factory choke is the extended turkey choke that has ST - Turkey on it but it doesn't show the restriction. My Indian Creek is .665 and is the Black Diamond Strike model. I've seen the pics on here from the Sumtoy's that seem to produce good results as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stoeger M3000