OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Some Osceola video from South Florida this spring

Started by derek, March 23, 2019, 10:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek

Hope you guys don't mind me sharing - went to South Florida for the first time this spring and filmed the whole ordeal which was quite brutal with the lack of gobbling we were able to hear - but we weren't going down without a fight and on the 6th day - finally lucked into a good situation.  Also got some good footage of a panther which was incredible to be able to witness. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0PmMXc9f_0

Thanks.

Derek
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

MDbowman

Congrats on the fine gobbler! But that panther footage is amazing.

Crghss

That was a great video. The panther was over the top.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Chordeiles

Congratulations! Great video.....that squirrel tho :angry9:

bchilde

spaightlabs

Love the panther footage!  That'll make yer butthole pucker next time you are out there in the dark.

I have hunted a few spots with lions around and the imagination can get pretty active.  Even deer walking thru the woods turns into a lion. 

boomer

Congrats and great video

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brad_Colvin

That was great, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kytomgetter

Congrats. Nice video. Thanks for sharing with us.

deerhunt1988

Very much enjoyed the vid. That is as real as it gets! Congratulations, you earned him. And wow @ panther footage.

a_jabbo

Congrats on a great bird and video, but that panther footage is awesome!

JeffC

nice to be young, ride 13 hrs, then bike in 7+ miles and hike all over the place with bears, panthers and snakes, that's dedicated. Awesome effort for that bird, thanks for sharing. Good luck going back, and in OK and NM. Have a safe trip, can't wait for more videos.   
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

datrip

Congrats on your bird and a tip of the hat to your dedication and hard work. I was in Central FL the weekend of the 14th-18th and was able to kill on the 17th on public land. On the morning of the 15th, day before the season, I was standing in a road as it was getting light listening for a gobble and I looked back down the lane and seen something move and it was moving toward me, about 75 yds. away. I knew immediately in the low light that it was not a deer nor a pig, which I happened to see 10 minutes later, headed my way. It stopped for some unknown reason and turned broadside I knew without a doubt that it was a panther. It stood there for like 15 seconds and then made its way into the woods. To say my heart rate increased a few notches would be an understatement.
Whatever is over my head is under His feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2007

Gobble!