turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Glasses wearers read this

Started by WNCTracker, March 22, 2019, 09:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

I've been commenting off and on over the years trying to find a good face mask that won't fog glasses. The best one to be fog free was the bunker head but it was so darn bulky and awkward I quit using.  The old Tom mesh was pretty good but it still dogged me up some. Shaving cream, antifog, bullfrog, etc I've tried them all too. I had resigned myself to using a neck gaitor (I really like the first lite one BTW) wearing over the ears under the hat but just keeping it under my nose to prevent fogging. It worked but couldn't cover my face completely. I lost it. Couldn't find  it and had to get on the so on my way to SC I stopped at Walmart to get a mesh one when I saw the mossy oak neck gaiter for $4.88. I got it. Let me tell you it freaking works. I've been wearing it over my nose up to my glasses and have not fogged once. Even while walking. It's got a built in breathable mesh. Go buy one now. I'm shocked at how well this works.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mossy-Oak-Obsession-Men-s-Neck-Gaiter/55542860

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tnwoodsman

I will go to Walmart tomorrow and get one.  I have tried every also.

WNCTracker

Quote from: Tnwoodsman on March 22, 2019, 10:39:43 PM
I will go to Walmart tomorrow and get one.  I have tried every also.
Great. Try it tomorrow and see what you think then post up here your results. I hope they're as good as mine. I'm shocked

TNhunterKMC

I haven't a really nice Under Armor one that is mesh in the front and it fogs the crap out of my glasses and it has more open mesh than this mossy oak one.   May have to give this one a try.

WNCTracker

I think it's because it's tight to the face so the breath goes right through it rather than up the inside.

Nathan_Wiles

Checked 4 Walmarts around me all of em are sold out, the word must have gotten around.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jmart241

Picked one up Saturday seems like it will work good Thanks for the info   

WNCTracker

Quote from: jmart241 on March 25, 2019, 05:54:57 PM
Picked one up Saturday seems like it will work good Thanks for the info   
Great!  I'm curious to hear about how it works for you.

TNhunterKMC

Picked one up earlier this week. It works great.  No fogged glasses today at all.

jmart241

Used mine today in PA youth day worked great thanks again gave one to my grandson stays up on his face nice. He was blessed to harvest his first gobbler today

Sully53

I used mine for the first time during the Pa youth hunt yesterday, no problems with fogging up my glasses, awesome!!

GobbleNut

Good info.  If I see one of these, I may get one just to add it to my collection of facemasks that were guaranteed to prevent glasses fogging.  ;D  I have pretty much given up on using a facemask.  I have tried so many different types that I have finally just resorted to using my gloved left hand to cover my face when I think it might be needed. 

I suppose I could just go back to using face paint as I did years ago, but I just don't like having to deal with the mess,...or the questionable looks from people I might run into...   :o

WNCTracker

Quote from: GobbleNut on April 21, 2019, 09:41:17 AM
Good info.  If I see one of these, I may get one just to add it to my collection of facemasks that were guaranteed to prevent glasses fogging.  ;D  I have pretty much given up on using a facemask.  I have tried so many different types that I have finally just resorted to using my gloved left hand to cover my face when I think it might be needed. 

I suppose I could just go back to using face paint as I did years ago, but I just don't like having to deal with the mess,...or the questionable looks from people I might run into...   :o
This thing wasn't marketed for that purpose. It's like $4 and solved a problem for me that was worth solving. I hate face paint.

Sir-diealot

Went to get one and they had none at all in the two I stopped at. Bought a OL TOM BIG BOB BOONIE HAT WITH MASK hat fits but I am not sure it will work for me, the way the mask is it kinda irritates my eyes as it presses again them underneath. I bought the biggest size made. If the mesh were attached about a 1/4 inch further back it would be perfect.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Nathan_Wiles

Had to order mine, tried it this morning. Very little fogging only when I first sat down I noticed a little adjusted it up behind the lenses more and no more issues. Great find, I'll be stocking up a few of these for down the road.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk