OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Connecticut birds on the rise

Started by turkaholic, March 22, 2019, 07:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkaholic

After a few tough Winters and a few wet springs I've seen an incline in numbers of birds around. The last two years have been very encouraging as it seems there are birds in just about every place I hunt. There was a few years of disappointment and the flocks were very thin and predators where very prevalent. Last spring brought full broods and the weather held up nicely for those little pieces of gold. Last week brought lots of gobbling and this week a saw a flock of about 40 birds with over a dozen strutters. This state allows 2 birds on State land and 3 on private. A few years ago they changed from allowing only 2 birds. I call the state biologist and complained about allowing so many birds to be killed and he told me he was not a fan of the bag limit at all. All in all it has turned for the better.
live to hunt hunt to live

chipper

Good to hear! My son is going to be Stationed in Groton and was interested in coming up to try to slip a hunt in the last week of April with him. I am Going to miss having my hunting buddy in Tn. thus spring with me.

Ctrize

Always good to hear birds are doing well, good luck!

mspaci

Ct is awesome, 5 bird limit, lots of public, lots of birds. Last spring was a decent hatch, expect a good May. Mike

deerpoo22

Awesome. Seeing them everywhere here in NE PA

Gobble!

Quote from: mspaci on March 22, 2019, 09:32:10 AM
Ct is awesome, 5 bird limit, lots of public, lots of birds. Last spring was a decent hatch, expect a good May. Mike

Thats good to know.

turkaholic

Quote from: chipper on March 22, 2019, 08:06:19 AM
Good to hear! My son is going to be Stationed in Groton and was interested in coming up to try to slip a hunt in the last week of April with him. I am Going to miss having my hunting buddy in Tn. thus spring with me.
let me know if I can be of any help.  I appreciate his service.
live to hunt hunt to live