OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My days hunting

Started by a-j calls, April 30, 2011, 02:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a-j calls

I took my 14yo grandson jared this morning, walking in were heard one near the top of the ridge we were going up, then we heard 3 shots, that took care of that.
A little while later, we heard another one in the opposite direction, and again one shot.
Finally we heard one more around 10, but after a few gobbles, we never saw him...still plenty of time left..

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Woodsman4God

a-j calls

didn't hear anything yesterday, Heard one this morning, but it was on the ridge across from me...now sounds like bad weather coming.

a-j calls

Had one come in this morning, around 50 yards, but he was a young lady with him, and she took him away from me..There will be another day.

anthonyjhallen

Keep at it Andy.  These birds down here in Maryland are loving that slate call I got from you.   :icon_thumright:

a-j calls

All i use is a couple walnut slate and glass calls i made.

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: a-j calls on May 05, 2011, 03:29:50 PM
All i use is a couple walnut slate and glass calls i made.

Thats what mine is, a walnut slate.  They love it.

Spellnj3

I love my slate...the birds love it too.  What wood was it again Andy?  The orangish color..I forget what wood that was.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

a-j calls

Quote from: Spellnj3 on May 06, 2011, 12:42:46 PM
I love my slate...the birds love it too.  What wood was it again Andy?  The orangish color..I forget what wood that was.

Not sure it's written on the back of the call.

a-j calls

No turkey today, but a good day, had a coyote and bob cat come in, one hen.
the bob cat chased a gobbler that was coming in, lots of hen up and down the mountain talking, but only saw the one.

anthonyjhallen

Stay with em Andy.  Its only a matter of time.

BOFF

Quote from: a-j calls on May 06, 2011, 02:07:14 PM
No turkey today, but a good day, had a coyote and bob cat come in, one hen.
the bob cat chased a gobbler that was coming in, lots of hen up and down the mountain talking, but only saw the one.

No pics of a bobcat or coyote?

Keep at it!!

God Bless,
David B.

a-j calls

It was buddy yesterday, so i got my thermacell out, i was lighting it i looked into the little window on top and i heard what sounded like deer running, that's when i looked up and here comes the coyote running across the open area i was watch.
then 15 minutes movement catches my eye, thinking it a turkey, that's when the bob cat came out..no pictures sorry..

Taking the day off, too many guys yesterday in the area I hunt on public land, monday i'll head back to the area i saw the coyote, it's a nice clearing on the side of the ridge toward the top is a clear cut that has grown up, and below me is the hards woods, the birds are there, just need to be there also.
It's quite a hike up to this spot, monday i'll head out and get there before daylight..It's only the 2nd week of the pa. season, still plenty of time..

Spellnj3

We got setup on 4 gobblers on the roost this morning, they flew down with hens and wouldnt budge, they would gobble every time we called but never came close   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr