OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Picking right up where I left off, again!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, March 19, 2019, 11:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Sometimes all you can do is laugh or you'll go crazy.  ;D
So after not getting drawn initially for any hunts in FLA, again ::), I kept at it. I finally got drawn for the same hunt where I guided Hayudog to his first Osceola on last year. That's coming up in April. Then I got drawn for a hunt not far from my house that I hadn't been on in 15 years.
I've been super busy (I thought I was retired?  ???) but finally got out the day before the hunt to scout it. The place has grown up and gotten super thick. Definitely not turkey country. Thanks FWC!!! Another stellar management job.......NOT!!!! ::) Still, I figured there have to be some turkeys on it. So I drove every road in the place looking for birds and sign. I stopped and glassed down every closed road. I parked and walked several closed roads. Nope, nada, NOTHING!!! ::) No turkeys crossing the roads, no gobblers strutting on straightaways, no feathers, no tracks, no poops, no strut marks and no dust bowls. ::)
To make matters worse, FWC decided to have the place logged, starting a week before the opener. WTF?? ???
There were logging trucks running up and down every road. Skidders and cutters were in the woods. It was a madhouse. ::)
You gotta be kidding me. >:( Absolutely ridiculous. >:(
Needless to say, I didn't waste my time or gas hunting Saturday through today. The weather has been lousy anyway. Instead, I got stuff done around the house, then packed up my turkey hunting gear today. Tomorrow morning I take off for a week in SC at my new turkey lease which looks very promising. Weather is supposed to be awesome, so I can't wait to hear some gobbles, and hopefully score one for the team. :icon_thumright: :fud: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

Dr Juice

That sux. Best of luck to you in SC and get a good 'un!

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

wvmntnhick

Sorry for the misfortune. Hope SC is better for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will

That stinks you put the time in scouting but see nothing. Good luck in South Carolina.

Mountainburd

The whole Florida draw system seems so odd to me.  Tough luck there.  You'll get it done in South Carolina.

suburbhunter

NJFF6925

LOL, how did we ever find time to go to work!

RutnNStrutn

Multi-tasking brother!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Mountainburd, FWC is underfunded so they half- everything they do. It's very aggravating.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

guesswho

You should get Dave to send you some coords to that WMA he hunts, it must be loaded.  Good luck in SC. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: guesswho on March 31, 2019, 06:50:05 PM
You should get Dave to send you some coords to that WMA he hunts, it must be loaded.  Good luck in SC. 
But I'd still have to develop the ability that you and Dave have, that being to walk 100 yards into the woods and start tripping over birds!! ;) ;D :TooFunny: