OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hunting Thread  (Read 1954 times)

Online twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
Hunting Thread
« on: March 19, 2019, 06:55:28 PM »
The last "actual hunting thread" wasn't supposed to be made a sticky, but I'm not going to bother Shannon with taking it down.  I did request that a few things be put as a "sticky" at the top of our team page for everyone to see.  A place to post your kills, a thread for me (only me) to keep a running tally and update as you guys kill birds, a score calculator, etc.
So, this can be our ongoing hunting thread, or feel free to start your own regarding anything turkey related that you want to share with the team. 
Nothing new here to report.  Going to hang a few cameras this coming Friday and do a little scouting.   Got my new 20ga 870 all set up and patterned.  Still making a few calls here and there, made a few turkey totes, just fooling around passing the time until April when the season comes in.
What's everyone else up to?  It's been pretty quiet around here.  There's no prize for winning the contest, the purpose is for guys to share stories, talk turkey, and meet new people.

Offline ads1

Re: Hunting Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 08:46:09 PM »
Here in Southern Illinois the turkeys have been grouped up in recent days. This morning I go out before sun up and now the gobblers seem to be dispersed. There were at least 4 different groups with multiple gobblers in one group, all within .5 mile area. Warm weather and photoperiod are getting the longbeards raved up. :turkey2:
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

Offline J_mill

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:56:17 PM »
Well folks it’s finally Turkey Season Eve here in SC. I’m like a kid waiting for Santa tonight. I’ll be hunting Fort Jackson tomorrow in one of my favorite spots. Always seems to hold a fair share of nice birds in the area. Y’all stay safe and happy hunting!

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 10:22:02 PM »
Hope you do some good! Mine opens in 9 days here in muddle TN. Seen 18 longbeards grouped together Sunday afternoon, heard zero gobbles Sunday morning. Cold weather has them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Caspar

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 09:39:19 AM »
i was talking to a buddy that lives not too far from me and he said that he heard and saw a half dozen long beards gobbling their heads off and strutting around this past weekend. too bad our season doesnt start for another 5 1/2 weeks.....uugghhhh

Offline squidd

• God, Family and Country
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 08:36:48 PM »
There is some good success stories in FL but most guys I’m talking to are having a tough time, even guys on big $$$ leases.  Gotta keep trying!