turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Avian X

Started by RailRoader, March 16, 2019, 07:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailRoader

So I got the lookout hen. I was thinking about getting one to go with it. Leaning towards the 1/4 strut Jake. Or should I go with another hen?

fallhnt

Jake

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

tomstopper

Quote from: fallhnt on March 16, 2019, 07:53:15 AM
Jake

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
X2

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Turkeytider

spaightlabs

That's the combo I bought.

I've been running a DSD lookout hen and their Jake since they came out. When the Avian X promo with  Federal TSS came out I decided to get a new pair and sell my DSDs

I have found that some toms are scared off by the 1/4 strut Jake at times, they just don't want any confrontation...

2eagles

I often hunt the corner of a public land food plot that still has a lot of growth in during most of turkey season. I like to place a hen on each side of the corner because birds coming out of the timber on either side can see a decoy. It's like hunting with two single hens.

Harty

When I started to place a 1/4 strut Jake into the mix last year a lot more Toms seemed to come visiting

Ctrize

RailRoader

Thanks for the info. I think I'll order a Jake

Clydetaylor1

I like a Jake and hen.

Zeke6685

Gobble!

The new HDR Jake is getting lots of love from some of the FL outfitters from what I've seen on FB.

jshark14

Jake. Hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MO HUNTER

So.... not really helpful here with what to get butttt.... I have the LCD strutter and lookout hen. Both developed leaks after the first season. They lost air through the stake port at the bottom of the decoy. These were brand new I. 2015... fast forward to today... I emailed Avian and they had me take a picture of the hen tail and they told me to send them both back. I emailed back and forth with cust service and the said it would be 3 days to send it back, then another 3 to 4 days to send a new one once mine were received. I told them I couldn't risk the delay as youth season is just a few days away. She said no problem, and they sent me 2 new decoys out today with a prepaid box to return the defects. Customer service at its finest! I will be a lifelong customer just because of this. It says a lot about their business for a quick resolution.

spaightlabs

Quote from: MO HUNTER on March 27, 2019, 09:31:35 PM
So.... not really helpful here with what to get butttt.... I have the LCD strutter and lookout hen. Both developed leaks after the first season. They lost air through the stake port at the bottom of the decoy. These were brand new I. 2015... fast forward to today... I emailed Avian and they had me take a picture of the hen tail and they told me to send them both back. I emailed back and forth with cust service and the said it would be 3 days to send it back, then another 3 to 4 days to send a new one once mine were received. I told them I couldn't risk the delay as youth season is just a few days away. She said no problem, and they sent me 2 new decoys out today with a prepaid box to return the defects. Customer service at its finest! I will be a lifelong customer just because of this. It says a lot about their business for a quick resolution.

I like to hear that and glad you had a great result.