Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

.410 TSS. Your thoughts on this.

Started by Turkeykiller12, March 15, 2019, 05:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeykiller12

I sent this out on the group message earlier but I didn't want to clog it up with a lot of text. This .410 is a Steven's 311 side by side barrel. From my research both barrels are fixed full choke. My pellet count inside a 6" circle was 48 @ 30yds. This was shot free handed and not out of my lead sled. Do you all agree this setup will get it done within 30 yards or do you see trouble brewing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dirt road ninja

I'd be worried, seems a little sparse, but at 30 that shot would have killed it.

Turkeykiller12

I'm not sure what the number would have been for a 10" circle but I am figuring around 75 or so hits. The full choke just may not be enough.

davisd9

Federal TSS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeykiller12

Yes #9's

davisd9

It is spotty and I have heard some people say the Federals are inconsistent and that shot sticks in the wad, that is why I went with the Browning instead

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

That would've killed one but try the Browning load.  I would be afraid to shoot past 30 with that.  Maybe a shot from your lead sled would show a better pattern.

FL-Boss

Quote from: davisd9 on March 15, 2019, 07:59:56 PM
It is spotty and I have heard some people say the Federals are inconsistent and that shot sticks in the wad, that is why I went with the Browning instead

Very true about FED tss .410....I just discovered this yesterday... Seem to be about 20 pellets stuck in the wad

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FL-Boss

But even so...they still shot better than browning TSS

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk