OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

If turkeys didn’t gobble would you hunt them?

Started by Planner, March 14, 2019, 01:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Quote from: catman529 on March 14, 2019, 03:43:40 PM
I would still hunt them but it sure wouldnt be as exciting listening to the woods wake up and not hearing anything on roost. It would be like fall hunting, spot and stalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

I definitely would still hunt them. I've shot a'lot of birds that have came in silent and still have a great time. It would take some of the excitement out of it,but not enough to make me stop hunting them.

Spitten and drummen

All I know is that I am glad they do. Love that spit and drum also.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

stinkpickle

I would, even if they stopped gobbling now.  But if they didn't gobble back when I got started, I probably wouldn't have gotten started.

sasquatch1

Timmer

If they stopped gobbling today now that I'm hooked, I would still hunt them.  However, when I was a newbie with no experience it was the gobbling that caught me! 
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

randy6471

I would keep hunting them, but for me it wouldn't be near as exciting.

I've always said that my idea of the perfect turkey hunt is one that....

takes a couple of hours of cat and mouse to play out
requires me to change my location/set up and calls multiple times
ends with a turkey that has a very severe sore throat from gobbling when my gun finally goes boom!

Gobbler428

I'm old school and do love to hear them gobble, especially on the roost at daylight. I don't hear it as often but spittin-n-drumin is really something I love to hear as well.  I have killed several birds who came in and didn't say a word and if they quit talking all together, I'm so addicted, I would still hunt them and love doing it but to be honest probably not as much as when they were more vocal. I also like to hear a good hen cutting as well!

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Chordeiles

Cut N Run

As long as they spit & drum and don't change the way they taste, I'm still in.

If they stop gobbling, does that mean we could yell at them?  Because more than a few have p!$$ed me off.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Tail Feathers

I'd just pop them with a rifle and be done with it because they taste so good.  But I wouldn't go to all the effort I do if they didn't gobble.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

zsully

I wouldn't hunt em if they didn't gobble. Thank the Lord they do!

singlestrand

Several of the birds I've killed didn't come in gobbling. Maybe even most of the birds I've killed didn't.  I know the first 3 birds I ever killed didn't come in gobbling, but that fourth bird did and it flat tore me up. Nothing like hearing them hammer when they're close. Now that you ask though, it kinda makes me wonder if I would've wanted to start hunting them if they didn't gobble.

jryser