turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey Feet Display Ideas

Started by GomerPyle, March 13, 2019, 09:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GomerPyle

I have the feet from the jake and gobbler I killed last year (my first 2, and only, birds) that I saved.  I dried them in a standing/walking position.  In my mind, I pictured just standing them on the mantle or my work desk or something, but after drying them I now realize they're not going to just stand up on their own.  They've been laying on a shelf in my closet for a year now because I can't think of a good way to display them.  I'd thought about just getting a piece of wood to use as a base and gluing them to it, but I'd rather now glue them down in case I ever want to display them differently.

Give me some ideas!
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

LaLongbeard

I've seen them done like your talking about but they stood up on there own I think they had a taxidermist inject them with embalming fluid and it preserves them.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Mad_Baron

A cool piece of live edge wood or have a call maker turn 2 pot call blanks so they look like the bottom of finished calls from the top and put spurs on them.  There is a "stick it" stuff that is not permanent but holds stuff well.  Museum us it to stick a vase or something to a display stand.  I am sure you can find it online.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

John Haines

Mad Baron Calls
NWTF Chapter President
NWTF Indiana State Board Member

TauntoHawk

I had a set of feet cleaned by a beetle guy and have them standing on shelf.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dswmsn

Those are cool, double spurs too!

Spitten and drummen

I have some I made back scratchers out of some of mine
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

wvboy

I've done them other ways.. but this seems to be the one I use most

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

deerhunt1988

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 14, 2019, 09:48:02 AM

Glad you posted this! First time i've saw legs cleaned by beetles. My friend just got some beetles and I planned on taking him a head. Now I can add feet to the list, gotta have a set!

TauntoHawk

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on March 14, 2019, 08:21:45 PM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 14, 2019, 09:48:02 AM

Glad you posted this! First time i've saw legs cleaned by beetles. My friend just got some beetles and I planned on taking him a head. Now I can add feet to the list, gotta have a set!
Yeah I needed something unique to display the fact it was a double spur bird but I also wasn't about to taxi a whole a 2yr old turkey.

Note: they will be a pile of tiny bones when the beetles are done and need put back together and positioned with cement glue.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>