OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Eastern Kentucky Gobbler

Started by Kylongspur88, April 29, 2011, 10:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

I finished my last final of the semester this morning. 2 years of law school down one to go. I haven't been in the woods all season because I've been busy with school. Threw on the camo and got to a WMA at about 1:30pm. The wind was really kicking so I climbed up to the top of the mountain and worked my way along the ridge calling down into the hollers that were on the lee side of the hill. No dice so I slipped back down and hit a gas road. I walked and called about every 75 yards or so. Coming around a bend in the road I called and was answered with 2 double gobbles close. I got up on the side of the hill as best I could and gave a few yelps and here they come. 2 birds came around the corner. Both looked about the same size. At 25 yards I gave the front bird a face full of hevi 6. The other bird just stood there looking at his dead buddy. If there was someone else with me it would have been a sweet double. He's a good 2 year old. I must say that because of the way I was sitting the gun was tucked more into my bicep than my shoulder. I didn't even feel it till I got back to the truck, but that 3.5 really turned my arm black and blue.

new2turkey

cannonball

Bustabeak

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Ky strutt n bust n

Trip

surehuntsalot

good job....fine bird....congrats
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

WiLL B

barry

Way to make use of the little time you had in the woods!

turkey slayer

RutnNStrutn

A bruise is a small price to pay for a successful hunt!! Congrats on finally getting out, and on your successful hunt!! :icon_thumright:

hobbes