OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Last Minute Hunt

Started by JeremyPennekamp, March 12, 2019, 06:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeremyPennekamp

My Turkey Hunting Partner and oldest son has decided to Join the Navy and is expecting to be heading too boot camp sometime in May.  I would like to throw together a out of state hunt before he leaves.  Given this is unexpected it will need to be a low budget hunt. We live in southern Wisconsin so any suggestions on states that are best for public ground hunts would be great.  Also suggestions or experiences on putting together this type of hunt would be great.  Google maps has really been great but not knowing anything about a area is the worst.  Thank you in advance for any help.   

fallhnt

You live in one of the best turkey states around. Try Missouri?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

JeremyPennekamp

Yes I agree we have a great Bird population here. I was thinking it may be a great way to make some new memories.  I am totally open to any state and Any type of Bird. I just want it to be something he remembers for the rest of his life.

neal

Head to the Balck hills of South Dakota and or WY. Over the counter tags beautiful scenery even if the hunting is tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

SD_smith

Quote from: neal on March 12, 2019, 08:20:52 AM
Head to the Balck hills of South Dakota and or WY. Over the counter tags beautiful scenery even if the hunting is tough.

X2

The Southpaw

I would head west somewhere if I were you. Still plenty of time to do your research for a May hunt.

BBR12

Quote from: SD_smith on March 12, 2019, 10:48:28 AM
Quote from: neal on March 12, 2019, 08:20:52 AM

X2

X3  I love the black hills and that shouldn't be too far of a drive for you guys. Plenty of land and places to camp and save money. 

JeremyPennekamp

Going online tonight and start researching the Black Hills and Missouri.  Thanks for the suggestions