turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sell a 4 Beard ?

Started by idgobble, March 11, 2019, 10:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idgobble

Is there any market for this Merriams beard?  I don't need it.  Downsizing all my calls and other stuff.  This was taken in April 2018.  Inches--10 11/16, 9.5 , 8.25, 7 7/8.  Would be about # 32 in the NWTF Records last I checked. I didn't enter it.  Is it worth anything?

guesswho

Not to me.   The memory is the valuable part.  I have no need for a beard from another mans turkey.  I'm sure someone would buy it though.  I have no idea what someone would pay.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Gobble!

I'd expect someone willing to pay some money for it on eBay. Saw a set of 1.5" spurs sell for almost $300 if I remember right.

MK M GOBL

Couldn't give you a value, but I have sold a lot of fans and wing sets. I will not sell my beards or spurs though, not because of $$ but their "value" is to me.
Guess you can find them on e-bay and go from there, for me only value would be what I could re-sell it for, If I didn't kill it I don't care about it... and looking at as a money maker.

MK M GOBL

catman529

Shoot my 4 beard has been collecting dust for 3 years and a couple strands have fallen out. I didn't think beards were worth anything. Other than sentimental value which is why I still have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sixbird

Careful selling wild game parts...Some places, like N.J., it's illegal...

appalachianassassin

I'm dumbfounded that there is a market for beards. I been tossing them for years.

LaLongbeard

I have every beard from every Gobbler I've killed every fan and spurs also. Don't know why  anyone would want to buy a Gobblers beard. I have seen duck leg bands for sale, I guess you could buy a dozen or so to hang off your call lanyard and look like a real hunter lol. That's a big part of what's wrong with hunting nowadays people wanting to "look" the part without the effort. I say if you don't want the beard throw it in the fireplace.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

SinGin

You would be surprised what people will pay on eBay. I sold a 9 point deer rack a month ago that someone gave me. The winner paid $97 plus $20 shipping
I would try there.

sasquatch1

Quote from: appalachianassassin on March 12, 2019, 04:56:01 PM
I'm dumbfounded that there is a market for beards. I been tossing them for years.

Same, even the spurs. Got tired of them laying all around getting nasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catman529

Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 12, 2019, 05:24:45 PMThat's a big part of what's wrong with hunting nowadays people wanting to "look" the part without the effort.
That's not a specific to hunting, there's people like that for all kind of pursuits. Always going to be some wannabe that acts the part, just to be cool.

Hook hanger

I should sell out my beards and spurs and retire.

jryser

Quote from: catman529 on March 12, 2019, 06:11:28 PM
Quote from: LaLongbeard on March 12, 2019, 05:24:45 PMThat's a big part of what's wrong with hunting nowadays people wanting to "look" the part without the effort.
That's not a specific to hunting, there's people like that for all kind of pursuits. Always going to be some wannabe that acts the part, just to be cool.

Amen on that!  Great piece with Zach by the way - graceful ice moves (I write the music for the show! My latest tune is Catman's Ice Dance!).

idgobble

This is a 3 beard I sold to a guy a few years ago, along with some spurs, a turkey skull and a tail. Sold the whole works for $10.  He was going to make some Native American ornaments out of them and trade them at a trappers rendezvous.

catman529

Quote from: jryser on March 12, 2019, 11:12:18 PM
Quote from: catman529 on March 12, 2019, 06:11:28 PM

Amen on that!  Great piece with Zach by the way - graceful ice moves (I write the music for the show! My latest tune is Catman's Ice Dance!).

You do some awesome music for them, always been a fan of it. And I'm not sure if you're joking or not about the ice dance but that's pretty funny either way.