turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TSS

Started by longspur, March 09, 2019, 05:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspur

Is there a choke tube that usually works best with TSS or is it necessary to try different ones? 20 gauge optima elite. It has factory extra full turkey choke.
Thanks in advance.

spaightlabs

Gobble!

If by best you mean put the most pellets in a 10" circle Indian Creek seems to a winner.

Spitten and drummen

I have a sum toy 569 that I got william to make me. I love it. I also have a I.C 555 in my benelli. Dont flinch at 20 or you will miss the bird.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Coop1082

.575 Carlson's and a .585 Trulock are my two favorites for a "hunting pattern". A .555 IC if you want a screaming hot pattern and a .562 IC is a still a fairly hot pattern but it's not as blistering as the .555.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

LRD

I shoot a 575 Carlson's in my 870. I would try the choke you got with it first. You don't have to choke TSS as much as lead so you might be ok with what you have.

Gooserbat

I use a Jebs 560
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jrinny

It seems the Federal TSS likes a little tighter choke than some handloads and Apex.

Fullfan

Last fall I bought a X3 20 ga long beard. Shot hand loaded TSS through an Indian Creek .555 the results were 360 in the 10@40, which left very little wiggle room. Then I tried the factory full choke, it produced a good hunting pattern at 40. Same when I was shooting TSS through my 11-87's factory full chokes did very well.
Don't gobble at me...

rdjustham

I finally tried the Federal TSS through my son's 20ga (mossberg Sa-20).  It has a carlson's longbeard choke, i think its a .568.  It was a devastating pattern at 40yds, POA/POI was dead on.