turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Homemade Permethrin mix

Started by TTG, March 08, 2019, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTG

Wondering if anyone has used the Gordon's Permithrin 10 to make their mix? I bought an 8oz bottle at TSC about a month ago but just found the thread on here in the other subforum and there was talk of the oil-based and whatnot and whether or not it is safe to use. Next time, I'll get the Martin's that seems to be popular but hate to not use what I bought.

Posting this here in hopes of a quicker response as hoping to use next week.

Thanks for any info.

strutstopper

Can't help, I've always used Martin's. You could always spray around your house with the Gordon's.

TTG

Well to specify, I'm wanting to use it on clothes like you would Sawyer's. Thanks

bbcoach

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,3417.0.html   Here ya go.  1 oz of 10% to 20 ounces of water and spray away.

Gobspur

Haven't used that one.  It has petroleum distillates in it for use on livestock.  Will probably leave your clothes stinky and little oily.  Maybe try on an old shirt first.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

bigbird

I got some from the CO OP here that is 13% concentrate. I mix it in a quart spray bottle and put an ounce of permethrin in it. I treat my outer garments and wear knee high socks treated also and never ever have any ticks on me.

TTG

Bigbird, have you noticed any effect on your clothes with the Gordon's?

Bowguy

bigbird

I can't see any. I have been using it 2016 like this

TTG

old frank

I have been using the Gordon's mixed too and have had no problems. I spray the day before and let the clothes hang outside.
Deer don't seem to notice it and no effect on my clothing!

catman529

The oil base is fine. It has a smell to it but I've used it for several years. Last summer I switched to Martin's water based and that's all I will use now because it has basically no smell at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro