turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bug Spray for Clothing

Started by MS Turkey Chaser, March 08, 2019, 09:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Tried to buy some at Tractor Supply the day before yesterday and they looked at me like I was stoned, said they had never heard of the stuff. I will have to order it online and have it shipped there.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

catman529

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 13, 2019, 09:19:47 AM
Tried to buy some at Tractor Supply the day before yesterday and they looked at me like I was stoned, said they had never heard of the stuff. I will have to order it online and have it shipped there.
TSC has it in the aisle with livestock treatments, small rectangular bottle with two caps. But they don't have the Martins water based, gotta get that online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sir-diealot

Quote from: catman529 on March 13, 2019, 09:42:05 AM
TSC has it in the aisle with livestock treatments, small rectangular bottle with two caps. But they don't have the Martins water based, gotta get that online

Thanks, would you have a link to that one, typed that in and it came up with a bunch of unrelated stuff.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

captpete

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 15, 2019, 04:01:57 PM

Thanks, would you have a link to that one, typed that in and it came up with a bunch of unrelated stuff.

Here is a link to Amazon for the one I use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00061MSS0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mix it 1 oz. concetrate to 18 oz water....just a touch heavier than .05%.....1oz to 19oz is .05%.

Rzrbac

Been using Army Issue permethrin for years. I think I'm down to my last bottle.  When it runs out I'm gonna try something new. It's called bifenthrin.  It's available at our local Orscheln. I did some reading on it last year. It seems it's very similar to Permerrin and safe enough to use in food preparation areas. I bought some last year to spray my yard with. We had a terrible mosquito problem. It was the first time they have ever been bad in my yard. It immediately took care of the mosquitos and I noticed I never got a tick on me after spraying. Just wanted to throw that out there in case somebody wants to mix some up for their clothes. It's supposed to last longer than permethrin.

It yielded some amazing results on mosquitos. After I did my yard, I did several yards for family members and neighbors with great results.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: captpete on March 15, 2019, 05:13:06 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 15, 2019, 04:01:57 PM

Here is a link to Amazon for the one I use:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00061MSS0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I mix it 1 oz. concetrate to 18 oz water....just a touch heavier than .05%.....1oz to 19oz is .05%.
Thank you very much.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Rzrbac on March 15, 2019, 05:25:56 PM
Been using Army Issue permethrin for years. I think I'm down to my last bottle.  When it runs out I'm gonna try something new. It's called bifenthrin.  It's available at our local Orscheln. I did some reading on it last year. It seems it's very similar to Permerrin and safe enough to use in food preparation areas. I bought some last year to spray my yard with. We had a terrible mosquito problem. It was the first time they have ever been bad in my yard. It immediately took care of the mosquitos and I noticed I never got a tick on me after spraying. Just wanted to throw that out there in case somebody wants to mix some up for their clothes. It's supposed to last longer than permethrin.

It yielded some amazing results on mosquitos. After I did my yard, I did several yards for family members and neighbors with great results.
Thanks for the alternative.

John Koenig:

NCL

Ordered the Martin's from Amazon this morning. Thank you to all who provided information on the product it has been a great help

bbcoach

NCL, From all of us that have used and experienced the benefits of permethrin, you won't be disappointed.  One precaution that I always try to pass on is don't spray the liquid on cats.  It is very harmful.  It is a neurotoxin and will kill them.  Once it dries on your clothing no problems that I'm aware of.  I will normally take my clothes outside, hang them up and spray away.  Let it dry and your good.

NCL

Quote from: bbcoach on March 16, 2019, 10:33:03 AM
NCL, From all of us that have used and experienced the benefits of permethrin, you won't be disappointed.  One precaution that I always try to pass on is don't spray the liquid on cats.  It is very harmful.  It is a neurotoxin and will kill them.  Once it dries on your clothing no problems that I'm aware of.  I will normally take my clothes outside, hang them up and spray away.  Let it dry and your good.

BBcoach,

Thank you for that caution. We have three cats so it is very appropriate. I had planned on spraying outside but the cats are always underfoot so that in formation is very helpful.