turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bug Spray for Clothing

Started by MS Turkey Chaser, March 08, 2019, 09:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jeremy

I also use the Sawyer's...haven't had a tick on me in the 6 seasons that I've been using it!

mtns2hunt

Just bought Sawyers at Walmart. Three different sizes and it also comes in a spray can. Wish I had known about this years ago.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

kctinner

I am also a faithful user of Sawyer's, my cousin and I used to shoot lots of 3d together, he never would where anything, long story short tick bite has changed his life and his family's it's a strain of Lyme disease that has all but crippled him several pills a day I wouldn't wish what has happened to him on my worse enemy protect yourself guys!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

MS Turkey Chaser

Thanks for all the replies.  I ordered a bottle of Sawyer's and it should be here by tomorrow, just in time for this weekend  :turkey2:

catman529

Mixing yourself is way cheaper than sawyers and a bottle of concentrate (10% permethrin) can last several seasons and costs less than one bottle of sawyers (0.5%) that wouldn't last me a full season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtns2hunt

Quote from: catman529 on March 12, 2019, 10:41:51 AM
Mixing yourself is way cheaper than sawyers and a bottle of concentrate (10% permethrin) can last several seasons and costs less than one bottle of sawyers (0.5%) that wouldn't last me a full season

Might try mixing my own later in the summer. I am in the field all year long not just during Turkey season so Sawyer's might get expensive over the long run.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

catman529

Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 12, 2019, 07:05:29 PM

Might try mixing my own later in the summer. I am in the field all year long not just during Turkey season so Sawyer's might get expensive over the long run.
Here is my comparison of sawyers and 2 different brands of concentrate.

https://youtu.be/FDlq7g5DTyk

Chordeiles

Quote from: catman529 on March 12, 2019, 07:22:11 PM

Good video. Thanks for taking the time to do it. :icon_thumright:

catman529

Quote from: Chordeiles on March 12, 2019, 08:03:45 PM

Good video. Thanks for taking the time to do it. :icon_thumright:
Thanks, hope it helps

stewdawg

Permethrin is legit.  I watched a tick crawl onto my leg and die. I will never go in the woods without it in the spring/summer.

Bowguy

Guys sawyers is a rip off. Go to tractor supply, buy the concentrate and mix it w water. You'll have enough for years even if you give lots to friends and it'd be cheaper than one can of sawyers.

tomstopper

Quote from: Bowguy on March 12, 2019, 09:29:59 PM
Guys sawyers is a rip off. Go to tractor supply, buy the concentrate and mix it w water. You'll have enough for years even if you give lots to friends and it'd be cheaper than one can of sawyers.
Yep did this a couple years ago. Definitely cheaper. I think there was a recipe on here some place on how to mix to the desired concentration

Bowguy

Quote from: tomstopper on March 12, 2019, 09:43:54 PM
Quote from: Bowguy on March 12, 2019, 09:29:59 PM
Yep did this a couple years ago. Definitely cheaper. I think there was a recipe on here some place on how to mix to the desired concentration
There are recipes on the bottle for all different concentrations depending on usage. I use it on dogs, chaps, etc n in the worst of the season and all year long. I get no ticks. To be honest w sawyers I did get some. Maybe just a freak coincidence though but it seemed to only be somewhat effective compared to the tractor supply stuff that def works.

tomstopper

Ok. I knew I seen the mixtures somewhere.  It definitely works as I haven't found one on me since I started using it

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

NCL

Great video, thank you for taking the time. This video is worth the time and sure sold me.