turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lightweight rain gear

Started by Spitten and drummen, March 08, 2019, 07:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Looking to get a new rain jacket and pants that pack tight and is light weight. Been using frogg toggs. What are you guys using?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Missed mallards

Been using Frog toggs for last few years. Usually get a season out of them. They don't like brush. But do a great job of being waterproof.

Be interesting to see what others use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chordeiles

Frogg toggs here too. I'm also looking to try something different this year.

tomstopper

Not jacket and pants, but I just use my military issued poncho (spray it down every couple of years with silicone sealer).

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

model94

Cabelas Space Rain Suit would fit the bill.

dswmsn

If it is just short periods of off and on rain the Allen brand camo vinyl ponchos you can buy at Walmart will keep you dry from the knees up. They are inexpensive, lightweight and compact enough to fit in your vest pocket and will get the job done.

Turkeytider

Frogg Toggs in Realtree did me well last season. Will use again this year. May not be the most rugged but where I hunt isn`t that rugged either.

LaLongbeard

I keep my old Army issued rain poncho in my vest. I don't hunt in steady rain but have got caught in some showers, the poncho covers your vest gun  everything and will keep you dry until the rain passes. I've had mine since basic training it's about worn out and patched with duct tape but it works.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Chordeiles

I haven't really used a poncho since I got out of the Guard, about 25 years ago. Seems like a good idea. I think I'll give it a go this spring.

perrytrails

MO HUNTER

Quote from: perrytrails on March 08, 2019, 01:49:32 PM
Quote from: model94 on March 08, 2019, 09:13:43 AM

X2...
X3 just found these on sale for 70 bucks, jacket and pants. Loaded them in the ol vest...still have room for all my other stuff and they are light.

Ozarks Hillbilly

I have a older Columbia rain coat in original Bottomland  it's knee length and fits over my vest it does a good job keeping everything dry. I see them from time to time on flebay.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CAG

Quote from: MO HUNTER on March 08, 2019, 03:39:34 PM
Quote from: perrytrails on March 08, 2019, 01:49:32 PM
Quote from: model94 on March 08, 2019, 09:13:43 AM

X2...
X3 just found these on sale for 70 bucks, jacket and pants. Loaded them in the ol vest...still have room for all my other stuff and they are light.

Mind Sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kylongspur88