Well, I did it $10.00 a shell

Started by SinGin, March 06, 2019, 05:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

Bought some Federal TSS
12 gauge
3 1/2 shell
2 1/4 oz shot #9
A little over $10.00 a piece. Should be able to hit a turkey sitting on my couch lol
I'll try 1 maybe 2 to pattern. Then if I need more I'll get a second mortgage on the house and another box or two

guesswho

I bet he will be deader than any turkey you've ever killed before.    Good luck, and I hope you don't miss.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

Good luck with your new shells .. remember call them in close regardless ....

SinGin

40 yards or closer is my range. I'm just the type of guy that likes to use the biggest gun possible on turkeys and deer. I would use a 10 gauge but I think the 3 1/2 shells has the same pellet count.

DP42912

If I run out of LB XR I might try them next year... One of the cheaper things I will buy for turkey hunting, and one of the most important imo...

rifleman

I used to shoot

I used to use Nitro Company shells in my 10ga. NEF and were very expensive, I can't imagine what they cost now.

Treerooster

Quote from: SinGin on March 06, 2019, 05:24:54 PM
Should be able to hit a turkey sitting on my couch lol

I would think you could kill a turkey on your couch with a lot cheaper shell. But what do I know.  :toothy9:

THattaway

Quote from: guesswho on March 06, 2019, 05:46:37 PM
I bet he will be deader than any turkey you've ever killed before.    Good luck, and I hope you don't miss.
Sig worthy post. I am waiting on a gun/load that will throw a 10" tall oval pattern that is 36" wide. Put them pellets where it counts for the nervous trigger yanking guys.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

larry9988

If they give you a better pattern with your gun than any other shell type, that is what you should use. $10 is not too much, or $2 or $3 is not too cheap. Shoot what does the best, just keep the yardage in ethical range for the pattern you get. Good luck.

Fullfan

You will be impressed what that lil #9 shot will do to a gobbler at 40yds
Don't gobble at me...

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Fullfan on March 07, 2019, 07:50:26 AM
You will be impressed what that lil #9 shot will do to a gobbler at 40yds

Those little #9's will absolutely stomp a bird.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

ShootingABN!

Enjoy. If you would really like a custom load check out Nitro custom shells. Just saying.

Have fun and enjoy the hunt.

roberthyman14

Find a friend the loads them.  No it aint cheaper but you can experiment with loads

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

aclawrence

I bought some recently to. Haven't had a chance to shoot them yet but I'm excited to see what they'll do and sling some towards an ole long beard. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timmer

Me too.  For both my 12 gauge and my son's 20 gauge.  Spent $98 in the blink of an eye!
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!