OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Sighting in SC  (Read 1882 times)

Offline SCGobbler

• Ya can't fix stupid!
Sighting in SC
« on: March 06, 2019, 07:15:43 AM »
Pulled out of the neighborhood Friday afternoon and there is a water right of way about 50 yards long where they are preparing infrastructure for some housing down in the woods.

There was a group of about 10 that I called too for about 10 minutes and they just stood there like, “hey, that GMC sounds like Ethel!”

So they are still together here in upstate SC. Looked like a gobbler or two maybe a jake and several hens.

The SCGobbler
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Offline kyhareraiser

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: Sighting in SC
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 08:03:27 AM »
They still bunched up here in ky too.  seems they may be feeling frisky and shoving some weight around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 08:23:20 AM »
They will be grouped in the upstate until end of March when they will start breaking up a bit, low country they should be starting to break up some now or next week or so. This cold front may hold them together some. Cannot wait!

“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline kyhareraiser

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 10:03:15 PM »
 seems now the gobblers are occasionally letting out a gobble but only a single bird with a single gobble . I’m am hope’in that’s not the sign that birds are of few quantities this year. I know last year where i normally hunt and usually heard gobbles in each hollar or each finger ridge  i only heard one gobbler and i took him on opening morning as he was running to my setup . Yes i said running as i watch him getting closer and closer to my setup . 20 yards was close enough. thinking it was gonna be a quick tagout here in Ky.  unfortunately that was the only bird i got all season . I hope there’s more this season

Offline SCGobbler

• Ya can't fix stupid!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 10:10:27 PM »
Went Youth Saturday with my son last weekend and didn’t hear a peep from anything. We didn’t hear one single bird of any kind; not a Robin,  or a Cardinal, nuthin’.

It was 44° maybe the temp played a factor?  Who knows.

The Sumter National Forest opens Saturday for a youth day so I will be trying it again on a much larger scale.

The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

Offline backforty

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 10:46:47 PM »
Good luck to ya

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Print by Madison, on Flickr