OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

State Law Legal Shot Size

Started by Laloom83, March 05, 2019, 10:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Bowguy on March 06, 2019, 11:47:15 AM
That Fla thing is funny

I liked Nebraska.. I'd like to see an officer measure some of that
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ILHUNTER

Illinois use to be nothing larger then #4 and not smaller then #7, but this year it has changed to just nothing larger then #4 and no limit on how small. 

Bowguy

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 06, 2019, 12:21:11 PM
That Fla thing is funny

Didn't notice that, funny

Gobble!

Quote from: bbcoach on March 06, 2019, 11:33:31 AM
Seems like your northern lawmakers like to make things WAYYYYYYYY to complicated.

100%

Gobble!

That Fla thing is funny

HAHA I'll fix that.

Some states didn't allow .410s. Probably should have noted more of that information but when I started I was only looking a shot size regulations.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Gobble! on March 06, 2019, 01:35:12 PM
That Fla thing is funny

HAHA I'll fix that.

Some states didn't allow .410s. Probably should have noted more of that information but when I started I was only looking a shot size regulations.
I appreciate the work this is now something I have to check as I travel to states. I have to be aware that the tss I use in PA isn't legal on the next days hunt in NY.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Mississippi, no size larger than #2.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 06, 2019, 06:08:12 AM
Maine has not evolved but NH has. Maine is nothing smaller than #6 shot unless it is in a multishot shell. Up here the wardens will dismantle handloads. Only happened to me duck hunting, I have never used hand loads for turkey's. I pester the Maine wardens when I see them about it. Hasn't helped yet, Lol
Would a blend of 6s and 7s be legal in Maine?  I think it would be, but the wording in their regs doesn't make this obvious to me.  It says blends including sizes 4 through 7.

SteelerFan

Nice chart Gobble! - Nebraska and all!!!  :icon_thumright: That would be a handy quick reference on here.

husker

7 1/2 for Nebraska.  I'll stick with my WLB.  They've always killed birds as dead as I need them to be.

spaightlabs

Quote from: longspur on March 06, 2019, 11:04:42 AM
Also in Ga. any muzzle loading firearm. However I don't know of but one person that uses a rifle. He finds feathers and guts but no turkeys.

Thanks amigo - very kind of you to do.

I know I have violated Nebraska's $hit size requirements :funnyturkey:

Gobble!

haystaddle

I can tell you that the Massachusetts State Board of the NWTF will be working on a proposal to allow this.  Most likely won't have a resolution for this spring though. Federal is being very helpful with us. Hopefully we'll get a positive resolution.

Laloom83

Quote from: Gobble!

I looked up the Mississippi reg because I had never heard of .t part I think had to do with night hunting raccoons.  What I found was this.  "The hunting of turkeys during the spring gobbler season shall be restricted to shotguns only and with no shot larger than number two, compound, re-curve, Cross bow, and long bows. However, any quadriplegic may hunt turkey with a rifle."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk