turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3D leafy suit: what to get?!?

Started by macobb, March 05, 2019, 08:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macobb

I am looking for a good leafy suit to buy. I have looked high and low and can't seem to find one that I like. I prefer it to have a mesh base so I don't have a heat stroke as I hunt in Alabama and can see temps nearing 90. Any tips or advice is welcome.
Always wondering wether or not to give a cluck

ssramage

I'd like to know as well. The nomad jacket looks nice but I'm not sure how cool it would be.

goblr77

Quote from: ssramage on March 05, 2019, 09:13:25 PM
I'd like to know as well. The nomad jacket looks nice but I'm not sure how cool it would be.

Just received my Nomad leafy jacket today. It's heavy and REALLY noisy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

coyote1

The asat leafy suit is mesh based. Light weight and quiet. I have had mine for 2 years, it's holding up very well. Wear it for turkey and early season deer.

ditchdigger

Gooserbat

My nod goes to either the ASAT suit or the All Predator Calls Kill Suit.  The kill suit is a little bit heavier and is warmer but it's a hybrid between a leafy and a ghillie.  Don't discredit the ASAT just because it's not green.  It WORKS.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ssramage

Quote from: goblr77 on March 05, 2019, 09:40:47 PM
Quote from: ssramage on March 05, 2019, 09:13:25 PM

Just received my Nomad leafy jacket today. It's heavy and REALLY noisy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to know. I'll keep looking.

dirt road ninja

I'm happy with my Cabelas brand. Had it a few seasons and it's held up well.

turkaholic

Love my Cabela's leafy wear. I want to get a spare but can't find them at Cabela's anymore. When you find something you like, get 2 because some fool will decide they don't need to sell them any longer.
live to hunt hunt to live

davisd9

Quote from: turkaholic on March 06, 2019, 06:08:49 AM
Love my Cabela's leafy wear. I want to get a spare but can't find them at Cabela's anymore. When you find something you like, get 2 because some fool will decide they don't need to sell them any longer.

Great advice here!  I can name two important items I should have bought two of, boots and facemask.  Did not make that mistake with my cabelas pull over leafy jacket though.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bbcoach

Ton of them on Ebay.  $18 and up.  I purchased one from there.  If you aren't walking through briars everyday, they will last for several years. 

macobb

Great info I was looking at that nomad pull over. I thought it was a good idea seeing how I basically only wear a jacket but glad I dodge that one.
I looked at the ASAT but all that tan worries me in the south during spring there really isn't much tan in the woods. I'd like more info on what y'all have experience with the ASAT and North Mountain Gear
Always wondering wether or not to give a cluck

coyote1

Asat will blend in with anything. The tan actually reflects the colors you are around, somewhat like a chameleon. It actually breaks up your outline better than most of the popular patterns. Most patterns look good to us humans but become a dark blob in the woods. I think that's why asat isn't super popular, doesn't look like it would blend in like mossy oak Greenleaf in spring but actually breaks up your outline better in the woods. It seems like I can get away with more movement wearing asat than any other pattern.

sixbird

I've been using a Shannon Bug Tamer jacket for years. Finally, after about 8 years gave it to my buddy and got a new one. He still wears the old one and it's fine. Keeps those pesky tick off of you and it's as cool as a jacket gets...

vthokie7227

I wear an ASAT suit, and I'll second what Coyote1 said. It does an excellent job at breaking up your outline, and it doesn't turn black as soon as your 15 yards away. I wore it for several years in the hills of southwestern Virginia and never thought the tan was an issue. As with all camo, the secret is to sit still.