Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Hunt tread

Started by camotoe, March 05, 2019, 08:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

camotoe

I'm shooting a bow shoot tomorrow , hunting  Sunday  . Still not sure if if going to the bear island or the managment area I hunted last 2 weeks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Arlo

Ok guys I got an upgrade this morning. I will post pictures Monday at work but 9 1/2 inch beard 1 inch spurs and weighs 18 lbs 8 oz. and he wasn't the boss. The boss was across the field and he hobbled his head off after the shot and was still gobbling when I left. 1 bird per day here.
"I'd rather Turkey Hunt than breathe, I just can't figure out how to get away with it!"

zelmo1

camotoe

Nice job Arlo ... looks like no turkey hunting for me this weekend . I'm in second so shooting tomorrow . I will be back at it next week .

aclawrence

Way to go Arlo. I'm planning to make my first armed entrance into the turkey woods this coming Monday April 1st. Camotoe your gonna have to put that bow down lol!

zelmo1

camotoe

I took off the wrong weekend , my son and his buddie put 2 down there tagged out and another one of my buddies put a nice one down nice bronze color , 11 inch beard . S Florida

aclawrence

Nice!  I'd like to try the south Florida thing sometime. I was just listening to Dave Owens talking about you either hate it or love it as far as the public land is concerned down there.

camotoe

Most of the people are good. The hunting can be hit or miss it's hunting . I wouldn't hesitate to come down and try . Big cypress  would be worth it just to hunt a cypress head there special . Get one gobbling in there first light , goose bumps . There are other places that do not need quotas and the hunting can be good.

zelmo1

aclawrence

Hey guys I scored this morning!

zelmo1

Awesome bro, congrats on a great bird

camotoe

Nice AC awesome bird and pic . Bow back on rack ended second shooting long bow and woodies . Have to get on a good one if not I'm trying to set up an Ohio trip to get a little taste of a frosty morning up north . 86 down here , looks like you had a lil cold weather there AC

aclawrence

Yeah it was in the low 30's starting off. They were gobbling good on the roost and went silent with his hens once he hit the ground.