OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Clock is a ticking!  (Read 2503 times)

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Clock is a ticking!
« on: March 05, 2019, 09:42:51 AM »
The clock is ticking.  Ninja's youth season starts Friday the 8th, probably will hunt the 9th, and then his season kicks off the 15th.  Not sure whether my boy is hunting our youth, the 16th, but we will make that decision this weekend after some lessons and shooting.  I get in the saddle on the 20th and Ninja is going to be here for the opener.  Next up is turkeykiller12 on the 23rd.  So glad it is almost here.  Hopefully we can get a few birds posted in the next few weeks.  Good luck to you guys up in that white stuff, I am not jealous.  We have had an abnormal amount of rain this winter so that will be in the books for us.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Re: Clock is a ticking!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 09:51:38 AM »
Good luck to you guys. I love youth days (no matter when they are) almost more than the rest of the season. It’s actually tougher to pull it off at times and way more fulfilling. Almost like our first time all over again. Lots of fun.
Don idk if you ever read me post? If the child is young an inner foam hearing protector w outer muffs double insulates the ears. Makes the guns w kids seem to kick less. Think Ninja’s son is older but if recoil is rough for any kid it’s something worth trying.
Can’t wait to see the pics!!!

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 10:01:37 AM »
Good luck fellas, 35 days to go here in VA. 

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 02:19:47 PM »
weather looking bad for the weekend and our best spots have been clearcut. Going to be a tough local season down here.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 02:34:51 PM »
weather looking bad for the weekend and our best spots have been clearcut. Going to be a tough local season down here.
Ah no,  hope everything works out for ya

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 03:14:40 PM »
It will eventually, I went up and scouted last week, very little sign. Once those clear cuts start to green up, a few birds will go bug in them. It looked like they just pulled the logging equipment out last week. Might have to resort to a blind and decoys, but we can normally scratch out a couple over the season. If not, I'll go hit some NF and WMA's. The one I like doesn't open to till the last two weeks of the season.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 03:36:01 PM »
We’ve got a bunch of snow here but I’ve been seeing 2 dif flocks from my kitchen window. Yesterday I went to look where I’ve been seeing them. Goodness there’s tons of sign. At least 4 straight farm fields in a row completely torn up w tracks.
I can see wing marks in the snow too where the strutting has happened.
I wish these birds weren’t so visible. I normally never hunt like that but it’d be cool youth day if I could not even start my truck n hunt

Offline Turkeykiller12

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 03:20:38 PM »
Youth season opens here next weekend.  We will try our best to get out next Sunday and try our luck. Good luck to everyone.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 09:35:58 PM »
Got the 20 dialed in and got the boy’s 410 ready. He shoot today and is comfortable with gun but we have to practice aiming. We may get up and shoot some tomorrow but he is going to have to show me something before I will let him man the gun. Either way he will be with me a few times this season. 9 days to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 01:49:10 AM »
Wow 9 days is close! Best of luck to ya