OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hen decoy

Started by Laloom83, March 03, 2019, 06:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laloom83

I want a new hen decoy!  DSD or AvianX? Looker, leading, upright, feeding?  What style?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gobble!

If you got the money go DSD. I think their hens look far better than Avians. I started with a upright hen.

PSEoutlaw07

avians look good but spend a few more bucks and get a DSD
you can accidently shoot the decoy and it wont hurt it with their ace technology
plus if you buy an avian, more then likely it will leak sooner or later

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Gobble! on March 03, 2019, 06:09:28 PM
If you got the money go DSD. I think their hens look far better than Avians. I started with a upright hen.

:z-winnersmiley:

Next would be the 3/4 Strut Jake!

MK M GOBL

Greg Massey

Do yourself a favor and don't get either DSD or Avian X... just get you a live hen .....

husker

bigbird

DSD  I like the feeding hen. Looks more at ease and natural to me

CtRider

What options are there if you don't want to carry a fullsize hardbody decoy?

captpete

If your buying just one, my choice would be a DSD upright hen. Later when you buy a Jake decoy, you can stake the upright hen low making it look like a breeder.

longspur

beakbuster10

I have dsd's and avians. I agree dsd is leaps and bounds ahead of avian. But I bought a 'budget' deke a few weeks ago, the flextone feeding hen. It was a whopping 22 dollars on Walmart's website. While it's not dsd quality, it's darn close and I like the stake system better. They're not on sale for that cheap any longer however I did find this. Pretty sweet deal for some ultra realistic decoys.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/flextone-thunder-jake-1-4-strut-chicken-feeding-hen-turkey-decoy-set.html?utm_source=google_shopping&m=simple&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxMbX69bo4AIVjFuGCh0DzgxgEAQYAyABEgI_1PD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk