OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Glass/Crystal to really scream

Started by golfernash, March 02, 2019, 09:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

golfernash

What is everyone's favorite glass or crystal to produce that piercing note that will really reach out there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HookedonHooks

Schaffer Mahoe Crystal

But I almost prefer aluminum over crystal for getting that sound out there. Last season I was able to locate far more gobblers with responses from a loud cadence on a Lonzo Annodized aluminum than any other cal I used.

Sx4

Try a Sinclair bronze glass over glass ping pot.... She screams! The comments about aluminum are spot on aluminum over slate or aluminum over copper will scream probably even louder. The locator that I used last year was a Sinclair Crystal over brass in a purple heart pot. It gets loud but also carries rasp through the wind.

sbbow

I like Paul Hicks Osage glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTH

My twisted sister is my go-to with a pile of dead birds to it's credit. She is staying at home this season though.
Picked up a mad hen 1 that is absolutely killer that will be the workhorse this season.
I hear great things about Jimmy's blue mahoe crystal as well.
Also the Loftis crystal screamer gets high praise.

Thought I had found a glass I liked ....but will continue looking.
Phil 4:13

yelpaholic

crystal screamer is definitely loud...

troutfisher13111

Halloran Twisted Sister

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

coyote1

Halloran crystal mistress or perfection screaming demon 2.

I have a bronzed glass over aluminum from Greyowl here on the forum that I used last year and it still has a spot in the vest this season.

bobk

Loftis Crystal Screamer  is loud and piercing.

MikeStaten

Quote from: BTH on March 02, 2019, 10:08:13 AM
My twisted sister is my go-to with a pile of dead birds to it's credit. She is staying at home this season though.
Picked up a mad hen 1 that is absolutely killer that will be the workhorse this season.
I hear great things about Jimmy's blue mahoe crystal as well.
Also the Loftis crystal screamer gets high praise.

Thought I had found a glass I liked ....but will continue looking.

Mad Hen 1 is always in my vest.

Dark Whiskey

Lots of good custom call out there , for a production call The Cherry Classic Crystal by Wood Haven

paboxcall

Lots of great pot calls mentioned. This is my go to:

A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

compton30

I have two Schaffer Mahoe Crystal's. One is louder than the other. The one with a cherry soundboard might actually be able to make your ears bleed it's so loud.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wigsplitter

Sir-diealot

Never owned glass before and only have only owned one crystal and it's a Mad Super Crystal, love the way it sounds, especially with a purple heart striker.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."