turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alabama Turkey

Started by kwarner, February 28, 2019, 09:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwarner

Not sure where to post this so remove if it needs to be in another section.

The Georgia season doesn't open up until the 23rd and portions of Alabama opens up the 16th I believe.  I've got the itch early and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on places to go besides public land?

I'm open to paying a trespass fee, outfitter or any other option.  Just prefer it to be opening weekend or week if possible.  Thanks!

contagious

Hunting Mississippi on the 15th , to open the season. Looks like their season is March 15th to May 1st. !!!!

cwb04

No birds left in MS - they just open it early to get all you OS hunters to come spend your money here!  Meanwhile us MS hunters are planning trips to other states!   :happy0064:

silvestris

Quote from: cwb04 on March 04, 2019, 10:24:25 AM
No birds left in MS - they just open it early to get all you OS hunters to come spend your money here!  Meanwhile us MS hunters are planning trips to other states!   :happy0064:

I think there are some pockets of birds left in Mississippi, but danged if I can find them.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Spitten and drummen

Come on over here to Ms along with the 200,000 other out of staters. They cant wait to get here to kick off a early hunting season , but when they get here and see the crowds , they deflate pretty quickly.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Happy

No thanks. I will stick with hunting WV. Where everyone is allowed to use a rifle.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

kwarner

I understand, Alabama is just a little closer to me in Georgia.  At least you do have the Delta duck hunting in Mississippi!!

surehuntsalot

Quote from: kwarner on March 06, 2019, 08:44:52 PM
I understand, Alabama is just a little closer to me in Georgia.  At least you do have the Delta duck hunting in Mississippi!!
[/quote

don't get cold enough during the season anymore to get the birds down here
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

contagious

I'm only driving less than thirty miles to hunt in Mississippi, live 15 miles from the state line. Hunting in Richton , And yes there are plenty of birds on our lease.