OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Penhoti project rework

Started by LaLongbeard, February 26, 2019, 11:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

Dave posted another reworked video, great footage of a Gobbler on the limb.
It's the one were they get set up nearly under a Gobbler in the dark and then at daylight some Idiot drives up sees there truck and pulls over anyway. Walks up and starts Chopping on a Boxcall then blowing  on a Crow call the footage of the Gobblers response is clear.
They don't show the Idiot or his truck but I'd bet a 100$ it had Louisiana plates on it lol.
I wonder what kind of story he had about the Gobbler he "Worked" that morning? Hopefully the hero will see the video and learn to stop parking next to other people. But it's doubtful ,anyone that would think there going to call a gobbler up to the road in that situation is too dumb for reason.
Hats off to Dave an Chubs on that one ,I don't think I could have sat thru that display. 

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

CALLM2U

That was a great episode.  I goes to show that you can be successful hunting birds close to the road but it certainly comes with its own set of challenges. 

LaLongbeard

Quote from: CALLM2U on February 26, 2019, 11:31:19 AM
That was a great episode.  I goes to show that you can be successful hunting birds close to the road but it certainly comes with its own set of challenges.
True but that was a one in a million chance right there. If they would have been 50 yards further away it wouldn't have happened. Most times like that the Gobbler would have flown away out of range. The thing that sticks out to me is the fact that once shut down that Gobbler was done probably for the day he wasn't Gobbling again anytime soon.

northms

Link here if anyone wants to watch it. Great rework episode on public land pressured gobbler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcsN1oyLz_c

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

cwb04

Watched that episode just the other day.  It was great!!!  Thanks for the heads up on the rework!

rcleofly

I haven't watched any of the rework vids yet.

I don't know if I want to. I think how raw his original vids were are what really makes the experience for you.

The original videos are so real, they are the laying in the mud with your buddies, dead tired, smelly, stressed, emotional, mad at the turkey gods, ready to check yourself into an insane asylum, picking ticks off with your teeth kind of real.

The way he went about documenting his season was different, bold, exciting and ballsy. I loved it. I really don't think he should change any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ditchdigger

Quote from: rcleofly on February 26, 2019, 09:23:57 PM

I don't know if I want to. I think how raw his original vids were are what really makes the experience for you.

The original videos are so real, they are the laying in the mud with your buddies, dead tired, smelly, stressed, emotional, mad at the turkey gods, ready to check yourself into an insane asylum, picking ticks off with your teeth kind of real.

The way he went about documenting his season was different, bold, exciting and ballsy. I loved it. I really don't think he should change any of it.

They are "reworked" in the sense of elaborating and talking about the events of the subject video, not reworked as in changing the video.

LaLongbeard

Right. He pretty much just explains there actions during the hunt, to answer some of the questions they get about the videos.

RND1983

After watching the Project, I have found it very difficult to enjoy a turkey hunt that comes on Sportsman Channel, Outdoor Channel, etc. Don't get me wrong I will watch them, but they do not compare to the "authenticity" of what Dave rolls out. Other good ones are The Hunting Public and Calling All Turkeys.

tha bugman

That was one awesome hunt!  Turkey hits the ground....boom :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Jrkimbrough

Quote from: RND1983 on February 27, 2019, 11:31:02 AM
After watching the Project, I have found it very difficult to enjoy a turkey hunt that comes on Sportsman Channel, Outdoor Channel, etc. Don't get me wrong I will watch them, but they do not compare to the "authenticity" of what Dave rolls out. Other good ones are The Hunting Public and Calling All Turkeys.

Agreed!

Gobble!

Great videos as always. Excited to hear he plans on pumping them out faster in 2019.

appalachianassassin

Cove is a class act. I sincerely hope the pinhoti project stays alive and well.

rcleofly

Quote from: ditchdigger on February 26, 2019, 10:55:36 PM
Quote from: rcleofly on February 26, 2019, 09:23:57 PM

They are "reworked" in the sense of elaborating and talking about the events of the subject video, not reworked as in changing the video.
Oh... lol, then I'll watch them for sure.