OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crow call

Started by Turkeyslayer7, February 25, 2019, 08:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Get one from anyone in Rutherford Co, NC.  I prefer the Gibson or Gosey.  You can also hawk scream on it.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

wvboy

You fellows that say a crow call doesn't work are either blowing the wrong call, or you can't blow one right IMHO .. they are deadly when blown right and in the right situation..

I have a Haydel crow and it has killed right a many tom in it's day.
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

tracker#1

X2 on Gosey, excellent call good guy to deal with, I use a crow call only when I'm making a move to make sure of a gobblers location so I don't bump him.

crow

Quote from: wvboy on February 26, 2019, 09:38:27 AM
You fellows that say a crow call doesn't work are either blowing the wrong call, or you can't blow one right IMHO .. they are deadly when blown right and in the right situation..

They also work when calling in and killing crows
He never said he wanted a locater call

deerpoo22

Quote from: wvboy on February 26, 2019, 09:38:27 AM

everyone's experiences are different, and if a crow call never worked then nobody would buy one. But I've been turkey hunting with my pop since I'm 7, and all the years I've hunted with him and all the years I've hunted by myself I have NEVER got one shock gobble with one. Never not once. And this was on property that I know was filled with Tom's.  As another guy said a pileated woodpecker has worked good for me, and I've had wonderful success with owl hooters

Ross R

I have a hooks walnut call. I really only use it scouting. It came in handy sunday morning. 

3bailey3

tha bugman

I like my Woodhaven, but love my old Primos crow call that has a wood barrel on it.

LaLongbeard

I don't know how many different ways you could blow a crow call or how many brands are out there, but I lost count of how many Gobblers I've had shut completely down from some hero blowing a Crow call.
If they work for you in the place you hunt then good for you.
For some reason people here will continue blowing a crow call at a gobbling turkey until he shuts up, he's already gobbling on his own, that's about as located as he can be lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Sir-diealot

I have had them gobble and continue to gobble with both a crow call (Top Calls) and a Pileated woodpecker (I think it is a Lowman 5 in 1, no name on it. Works great for doing Coyote calls and getting them howling too) , Owl  (Mad Surefine Hooter). I have a friend that I thought he was nuts when he told me what he was using until I went out with him, he uses an elk call with the tube and they answered him almost every time. (No elk in NY)
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeyslayer7

Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 26, 2019, 11:08:33 AM
I don't know how many different ways you could blow a crow call or how many brands are out there, but I lost count of how many Gobblers I've had shut completely down from some hero blowing a Crow call.
For some reason people here will continue blowing a crow call at a gobbling turkey until he shuts up, he's already gobbling on his own, that's about as located as he can be lol.

Sorry for my original smart remark BUT I did not ask if they worked or how to blow them. I asked my question because I wanted a realistic call. I use them to get turkeys to shock gobble when they have shut up or when I'm closing the distance and do not want to sound like a hen and I also use them for killing crows. I'm not your average joe sounding like a ridiculous crow in the woods. Future reference LaLongbeard if you ain't got anything to add to a post then you do have the option of not saying anything. Just Saying. Thanks again for all the helpful input from everyone else and I have tried the woodpecker and it does work I just don't carry one anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeyslayer7

Sorry for my original smart remark BUT I did not ask if they worked or how to blow them. I asked my question because I wanted a realistic call. I use them to get turkeys to shock gobble when they have shut up or when I'm closing the distance and do not want to sound like a hen and I also use them for killing crows. I'm not your average joe sounding like a ridiculous crow in the woods. Future reference LaLongbeard if you ain't got anything to add to a post then you do have the option of not saying anything. Just Saying. Thanks again for all the helpful input from everyone else and I have tried the woodpecker and it does work I just don't carry one anymore

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Turkeyslayer7 on February 26, 2019, 01:13:05 PM

I did not offer advice on how to blow a crow call. And I was not the only one that said they don't use them. Future reference don't get so bunched up about what someone posts.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Turkeyman62

I use them but they don't work all the time.
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

cwb04

Still carry my ole Preston Pittman crow call.  Works well in the hills of MS, not so much in the Delta.