turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does anyone make a h20 proof boot?

Started by darron, February 25, 2019, 06:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falltoms

Kenetrek makes an awesome boot. They are pricey, but will last you long time. I gave up on most of the junk leather hunting boots made nowadays. The leather kenetrek uses come from Italy. I've had a pair for over 4 years now and where them alot in a course of a year. As already stated, mink oil is a good water repellent.  I treat them often and they do fine. As long as this company remains in business,  I'll never buy boots from anyone else

Spitten and drummen

If you could come up with one that works as advertised for the life of the boot , you would become a very wealthy man.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

aclawrence

I have a pair of Zamberlans that have been great. They are full grain leather. I take care of them and they are holding up well. I think I could stand in the creek all day but when you start walking through tall wet grass you eventually will have some water problems.  Other than the constant waking through y'all grass my feet never get wet.  Gaiters also help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Quote from: aclawrence on February 26, 2019, 10:59:24 PM
Gaiters also help.

:agreed:

Get a pair of Sitka gaiters, that will help a lot, especially in the tall wet grass.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Bowguy

If you're asking because like  myself your feet sweat and are uncomfortable in rubber, I use muck boots in water I need to walk through. They fold down when not needed so there's less area your skin doesnt breathe through. When needed they can be pulled up. They're light and comfortable. They could be used in higher wet grass as well. 
If you talking mud, short wet grass, puddles, I use bean style boots. I wear them almost 100% of the time anyway but I wear them loose, the rubber itself is low and doesn't make you sweat like crazy.
Idk if this is why you don't want rubber but if so that's my recommendations. I personally hate rubber boots

old frank

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/irish-setter-mens-8-vaprtrek-waterproof-hunting-boots?a=2091706

I have been wearing a pair or Irish Setter Vaprtrek boots for three hunting seasons for deer,turkey and pig. I have waded creeks and walked in the swamps and my feet have been totally dry.

They are light as a running shoe and very comfortable.
My hunting partner bought a pair last year and his have stayed dry also.

peak98

A high quality all leather 8" boot treated with Obenauf's, that or a good pair of LaCrosse rubber boots. I've got a couple pair of non-gortex leather boots (lace up and slip on) that I treat with Obenauf's and they're as water proof as my LaCrosse rubber boots, just reapply the Obenauf's a couple times a year.
peak98
Your weapon sits on top of you shoulders, everything else is just equipment.

Stumpy225

I gave up and have been trying different quick dry socks out.

Turkeyslayer7

Personally I stopped using rubber boots and WP leather boots years ago. Now I use a military style boot with drain holes in them and just get my feet wet. No matter if it's 30 or 80 degrees I can walk thru creeks or sloughs no matter the depth. But good rubber roots or leather goretex boots work as long as you apply something like mink oil on them a couple times a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackmagic

Uninsulated Lacrosse Alpha Burley Snake.  On my second pair.  First pair wore for 4 years and the second had seepage.  They sent me a new pair in a week.  I put them through hell year round and walk around all kind of nasties in Florida swamps. 

square

American made Danner boots are waterproof, but pricey.  Their imported boots are not so good.  They have a kit with leather, conditioner, waterproofing, and color polish that make them last.  I have a pair of their insulated boots that I have been wearing 19 years deer hunting that are still waterproof. The uninsulated pair that I wear turkey hunting are about 7 years old now and still work fine.

Jrkimbrough