OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Buddy needs help with federal tss

Started by RiverRoost, February 24, 2019, 09:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Got a buddy shooting a 870 12 ga with the federal tss #7's and tightwad choke. He's only getting around 150 pellets in a 10 at 40 yards. Any thoughts on the issue. I told him it could if the tightwad had was strippers the choke may be the problem.

tha bugman

I got good patterns out of a gun that I have with an original jellyhead.  Not sure....some guns just don't like it as others.

Fdept56

I think that's going to be about average for that choke. Assuming it's a 2 oz. load, it's got 370 pellets so he's putting close to half in the ten. Fairly open choke with 7s isn't going to pattern like a .655 with 9s.

Gobble!

Quote from: Fdept56 on February 28, 2019, 11:41:25 AM
I think that's going to be about average for that choke. Assuming it's a 2 oz. load, it's got 370 pellets so he's putting close to half in the ten. Fairly open choke with 7s isn't going to pattern like a .655 with 9s.

True. Biggest downfall with the #7s is your only looking at 185 pellets per oz. not going to get crazy high numbers with that.

KyScott

I have an 870 Max Gobbler with Original JellyHead .665 and its always shot the Hevi 13 7's well. Haven't tried the TSS in it yet. Figured if I was gonna shoot 7's instead of 9's I would try the HW 7's 1st for the price. Then I ordered 9's lol