OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Draw hunts  (Read 1902 times)

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Draw hunts
« on: February 22, 2019, 06:48:23 AM »
The state of Mississippi supports a number of Wildlife Management Areas (WMA) and historically some of then have gotten pounded hard early in the season.(that is, until the state newspaper prints an article about how good the crappie are biting). The MDWFP initiated a lottery type draw system to help lessen some of the pressure on the more popular WMAs, and for the most part has been successful. I have put in for the draw on 3 of these WMAs for about 5 years now and have been denied anything year after freaking year. I am now convinced that it is easier to get a Montana sheep tag than a tag for turkeys on WMAs in Mississippi.  ???

This year I got drawn for 2 of the 3 I put in for and they were for 4 successive days over the opening weekend! This weekend I will be slogging through the mud to scout out the lay of the land and try to figure out where those sapsuckers might be trying to hide. Wish me luck cause they are still turkeys and all that that entails.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Re: Draw hunts
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 11:40:08 AM »
Good deal Norman and good luck

Offline Gobblerslobber

Re: Draw hunts
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 08:06:10 PM »
Best of luck! I also got drawn for the first time this year. I got Upper Sardis and I’ve never stepped foot on it.