OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Differences in short/long box

Started by Walkerhuntfish, February 21, 2019, 08:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walkerhuntfish

You guys please excuse my lack of knowledge but what are the differences in a short or longbox? Most of my stuff is store bought where everything looks like they are generally the same size.

paboxcall

Here's the master himself running a longbox. The "Snozz" can explain it better than me....

:icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Vaughnrp2

Do a search on this topic and you will find the info you are looking for. To answer your question about size, short box is 8 or 9 inch, long box is 12 or 13 inches give or take. 99 out of a 100 store bought calls will be short boxes.

coyote1

The video may have covered this, I didn't watch it. Other than what is said above. The long box is louder and you can kee-kee on it. It's a matter of opinion but they can have a better gobble than a short box.

Walkerhuntfish

Thanks guys. I have much better understanding now.

Happy hooker

If your now curious look at a ernie fetters call very cheap for trial run give it a look experience

sbbow

Quote from: paboxcall on February 21, 2019, 08:42:26 PM
Here's the master himself running a longbox. The "Snozz" can explain it better than me....

:icon_thumright:
AWSOME video

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk