turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ceramic question?

Started by jed clampett, February 21, 2019, 08:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jed clampett

Was just wondering how many of you guys condition a spot on your ceramic?...and what with?....thanks!!

MDTOM84

I do a small spot, with a conditioning Stone

MikeStaten

BTH

Used a stone years ago on the Ol Yeller K&H.

On the Stumpy ceramic I used a brown scotchbrite for a small spot.
Phil 4:13

vt35mag

I use fine grit sand paper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

coyote1

Spitten and drummen

I do on mine. Gives it a little more rasp.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

HookedonHooks

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sx4

I have a ceramic over glass in purpleheart Sinclair.
I use a stone and it conditions easy and stays conditioned for a long time. Has a nice sound like a mix of crystal and slate.

Harty

Yes,small spot with a stone, but plays well off the conditioned spot with certain strikers as well.

johnski

Like others I use a stone on a small spot to start and I also clean the whole surface with a alcohol pad before each trip to the woods.  Rearly do I have to use the stone to touch up the spot.

Zilla

I condition a small area  with a stone also.

TKE921

I condition with a stone, but I do not go back and forth with it.  I was told by Gary Anderson of Daybreak calls to just go in one direction.  The call I have from him will, like many ceramics, play anywhere on the surface but the conditioned spot has more grip and is more forgiving.

rcleofly

I have a K&H Ol' Yeller. All I use is green scotch bright on it. One of my first and favorite pot calls. Nothing fancy but, turkeys like it.

Wife hates it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk